Author Topic: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.  (Read 28125 times)

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Re: Custom Painted Vehicles by Screaming Samurai Studio
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
Hey, extremely well done on the ships.  I would like to see you tackle a Jedi Starfighter, the Falcon, or even an X-Wing.

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Hey there, Mungo
   Nice work you had up on the front page today. And thanks, I actually have a couple of Jedi Fighters on the bench right now. Currently, they're behind the B-wing and the A-wing but I should be getting to them soon.
  I'm on the move to try and finish all of those before January 22. I'll be exhibiting these at a local comic and toy show on that day. But anyway, moving right along to the next update, I actually have to run out and grab some more decal bonder, but here's a shot of the decal sheet I set up for the Naboo Fighter.

I still want to add a few more little detail bits for the sheet, like a pilot name and maybe a couple of warning labels in the naboo font.

Also thinking about working on my first custom figure that I may get to work on later on this weekend as well. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend, I know I will...I will be busy, but productive.

Take Care, y'all

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »
I can't see the image, could just be my computer though.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 06:42:59 AM »
i can't see no picture either ... must be the software you use ..

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2010, 07:40:03 AM »
I can see the image fine, it is very dark though and that may be the problem for some of you. Tripple S I just wanted to say I enjoyed your videos you are a very funny guy. I love the way you sabotage all the projects your girlfriend wants you to do so you can get out of work and then go modeling. Brilliant! One of these days she will watch your videos and figure you out though. haha Again very nice work!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
You'll be glad to know, Luke..
   My girlfriend is cleaning the bathroom on the other side of the house and there is a mirror in the living room leaning up against the wall it's supposed to be mounted on.

Instead, I'm posting these pics that I snapped while she was looking for some cleaning supplies...I told her I was looking for the nails.

The B-Wing went from zero to lightspeed yesterday and I'm almost done with the paint bases. I had no idea what I wanted to do with it and came up with this half inspired scheme. It's two toned with the top a sky grey and the bottom white. Anyway, these are the pics I took this morning after getting most of the base colors on. I still have to design the decal sheet and figure out what marking I want to paint along the rest of the hull.

The Bottom:

Anyway...I hear her coming down the hallway..

Peace out.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
That its looking awesome!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2010, 09:55:21 AM »
SSS, I sympathise with the girlfriend lark....sounds just like my antics. I once custom painted an entire Big Millennium Falcon while my wife took the kids round to see their Grandma for an hour, I think that was my best "custom while doing a chore"....

Love the B-Wing images, especially the weathering to the cockpit pod.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:40 AM »
LOL! Stealth Ops, I love it. With my little boy I only have one day a week that I can work on customs.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 06:51:16 AM »
I've gotten Ninja-like with my work.

I've made some progress on the other A-Wing this week. I haven't started wiring the LEDs yet, but I did notice a flaw in my design. I mistakingly used the wrong size fiber optics. They're smaller than the others I used and probably won't be so bright as the other one. So, in the next couple of days I'll decide if I want to go through the trouble of pulling the ones I've got in there already and starting over again with the correct strands.
  Anyway, on to the paint job. It's pretty basic right now and resembles something right off the show room floor..which needs to be changed soon. I still need to go over the A-Wing with the Dremel tool to make some blaster marks and dirty this thing up quite a bit. i'm not going to go for the heavy look this time around..I may just make him look like he's a half way decent pilot who gets his bird dirty only when he flies through a debris cloud.

The red and blue buttons on the dash board are these nifty little self adhesive jewel thingies I found while following my girlfriend around the girlie section of the craft store.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
I really like it man, its looking so awesome!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
Looking good man! I see you are sanding down and scribing in the panel lines on the outer hull. Very nice again! I like the blue and I too want to make a similar version one day. Those adhesive jewels are very nice and I will be on the hunt for a few of those! I can't wait to see more on this one!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »
Hey, thanks guys
   And luke, I should be posting a video this weekend at some point to talk about the little rhinestone buttons I used for the cockpit details.

I'm not feeling the paint job on the B-Wing. and I don't know if it's just too much blue at this point. I may visit that one later in the coming week. This weekend will be busy...as a side note. I'm going out to Austin, Texas tomorrow to start the big campaign for the web comic I've been promising for about ten years now.

Digression Alert:
  Even though I identify myself as a comic book artist to mostly everyone I meet...the sad truth is that I have never published my own book. I've always had issues with companies and editors trying to mess with my junk, or I've passed on the book when another project comes along..another problem has just been my own procrastination.
  So, this weekend I'm committing myself to getting this story done. It's way past time and I think it's time to shut up about it and get to work...

But after I get these star wars vehicles done.

PM me for information on the web comic.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:09 AM »
Nice update, this looks great!!

I love that I'm not the only one who gets crazy about the "backstory" to every paint job and blaster marks.

The B-Wing looks fun, maybe that you're working on an A-wing with similar colors is messing with your head?  They both look great to my eyes.  But who am I to offer advise to you guys?!?

Can't wait to see what you do with these, the jewels idea is great!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2010, 05:26:22 AM »
I love that I'm not the only one who gets crazy about the "backstory" to every paint job and blaster marks.

The B-Wing looks fun, maybe that you're working on an A-wing with similar colors is messing with your head?  They both look great to my eyes.  But who am I to offer advise to you guys?!?

Maybe I'll make the B-wing part of the same squad...but I don't know about different types of fighters being in the same flight group...i've never been in any branch of the military so I have no clue. But for the most part, I just haven't been feeling it on the B-Wing. I may try to go a little more WWII inspired on the next go around, and maybe once I get some decals on this thing, it might start coming together. Typically..if I feel like it's going to be a train wreck, it may actually turn out fairly well.
  But I have to wrap up these three fighters in the next couple of weeks if I want to try to get the two Jedi Fighters ready for the Jan 22 show coming up.

Anyway, there should be a video post later this morning before I hit the road for the comic book store event in Austin.