Author Topic: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.  (Read 28120 times)

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
Re: Custom Painted Vehicles by Screaming Samurai Studio
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 04:06:46 PM »
Hey there,
  Alright as promised, I finally got a chance to squeeze off a couple of pics of my status on the B-Wing. I still want to hit this with plenty of markings..and even though I've already weathered the living hell out of it. Again, I wasn't happy with the results of the previous color scheme and started over with a base coat of  silver. The intent was now to make it resemble the bomber that terrorized Japan at the end of the war. I think I may call this one, The Dirty Lady.

Oh, and this repainted Speeder Bike too.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
Freakin awesome update man! and it is about time! I figured you must not have been able to trick the girlfriend any more. haha Seriuosly, great tosee an update and love the paint work on bot the B-Wing ad Speeder Bike.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 11:25:45 PM »
excellent paint jobs/weathering - WOW, like the "real" thing :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2011, 03:14:19 AM »
I like the Dirty Lady. On the front page along with your video update.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2011, 05:14:04 AM »
Hey, Luke..Ironically, my girlfriend was nagging at me to get started on this stuff again..so we can get rid of it at the next Toy Show here in town.
     The real reason for my absence was to train my hands to start working like a comic book artist again...yeah, I know that sounds pretty pretentious, but I haven't drawn in a long time and I used to be a really bad ass underground comic artist...till I entered the world of "professional" comics.
    But enough is enough, I think it's time for me to take my mantle as the Kurt Cobain of comics.
  But I digress...

I have managed to come out of wallowing around in my artistic miseries long enough to try and get this B-Wing finished. I need to sit down and work on some decals for this one. Somewhere on this beast I want to put some kind of WW II inspired nose art and other markings. But being as dirty as it already, I think I need to add some more color to make this thing pop a little more. This B-wing also still comes apart..and the excuse for that is well..I was a little lazy...ERRRRR..I want to add some photo-etched grills behind those burnt out vents along the main hull..Thinking of that, I may add some blaster damage beneath some of the larger panels and dremel out a few blaster hits.
   But anyway..more on this one later.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2011, 05:22:09 AM »
Sounds cool my friend. I always got a kick out of you saying you had her doing lawn work and had acted like you could not do something one time so she did it while you worked on customs. haha I remember you telling us about working on your comic, good luck with all.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2011, 07:20:46 AM »
I was hoping we would get some WWII style nose art.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »
Your vehicles are absolutely amazing!!

Offline CloneCommander Buy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2011, 10:35:34 AM »
Very nice ships. Great video, I love the fact that you have Van Halen rock en out in the back ground. 
Rock en vehicles with a rock en band.  All good stuff.    8)

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2011, 05:40:33 AM »
awsome job... you do wonderful work man I wish I had that kind of talent.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2011, 07:49:58 AM »
Amazing weathering and details man, cool job!!!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2011, 10:23:39 AM »
I thought that I had replied to your recent postings but itust have been lost in the flotsam.
That b-wing is just jaw droppingly realistic looking! It has a perfect weathered look to it. I'm really liking tue speeder bike as well.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Hey there,
  As always it's great to come back to a bunch of cool comments.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to finish the B-Wing..I've been winging it the whole time. But I think it's time to go ahead and announce that I've started working at our local hobby shop. So, now I have access to all the materials I need.
  I still can't help but rub my hands in a greedy evil genius manner when I think about how crazy it is working there. I get to work inventory and see everything that comes in first.
  So far, I've got another 1/350 scale Enterprise-A and a Fine Molds Slave-1 coming in...which I get at a CRAZY discount. This is going to lead to me getting kicked out of the house when you can't fit anymore books on our shelf cause I've got two big star trek models sitting there.
   I know, I know...star trek sucks..but the Enterprise kicks butt.

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
AWSOME!!! I wish my B-Wing had come out as slick as yours is coming along bt maybe one day I'll catch up to your skill level.

As for nose art I would really look at doing some pinup styled work on the outside (far left side as you look at the B-Wing landed from head on) cockpit area but I would say use the rear because there is a ton more room back there. I am working on some ideas myself for this same thing and I have my little bro who is a comic artist too working on a few pieces for me. I'll be honest and say they won't be for the children but also not quite X-rated either.
My great uncle flew B-25's in North Africa and my Grandfather worked on bombers out in the Pacfic Islands during WWII and I have some old photos of what they had on a few planes and we are using them as a guideline.

I was thinking of trying out those water decals that you can print yourself on an inkjet but I am not sure how they are. Didn't you use them on your A-Wing? Any tips or words of advice on using them if you did?

Anyway awsome job as always I have your YouTube channel bookmarked and I am always looking to see if you have new stuff up! keep up the great work!

Offline finn

• Ensign
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
Well I got bored tonite and decided to mock up some nose art and I think I got sometihng that I like alot.

Now this artwork is off the net and not drawn by anyone I know but it serves my purpose and is the style that I am trying to get done by my lazy lil bro!
Well here it is and let me know what you think guys.