Author Topic: Imperial and New Republic Insignias  (Read 52734 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Imperial and New Republic Insignias
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2011, 05:05:28 PM »
That latest one is an eye grabber! Yep, those requests are going to be really pouring in if you keep this up.
Viper Aviators Insignia of the Week...

Presented by Viper Aviator

This is the insignia for the New Republic Starfighter Command Heritage Flight. Heritage Flight was formed three years after the Battle of Endor in response to the general public wanting to know more about the fighters, fighter squadrons and the brave beings who fought and were often victorious against an overwhelmingly superior enemy. Heritage Flight was a P.R. and recruitment success for the New Republic in a way that no one could have predicted. Heritage Flight can be seen at numerous aerospace shows throughout the Galaxy, performing the maneuvers that the Rebels flew against the fighter forces of the former First Galactic Empire, as well as give detailed tours of the fighters that they operate with detailed histories and provide question and answer sessions.

Heritage Flight currently operates four ARC-170 Intruders, six Z-95 Headhunters, six BTL-A4 Y-Wings and 4 T-65C X-Wings.

(The design of this insignia was based on the actual United States Air Force Heritage Flight insignia.)

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »
Very cool. I figured the requests would start up. I too have made one of these my background on my laptop.

I really like the colors on the latest squadron too, especially those on that Xwing.

Thanks Tamer, which insignia are you referring to?

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
That latest one is an eye grabber! Yep, those requests are going to be really pouring in if you keep this up.
Viper Aviators Insignia of the Week...

Presented by Viper Aviator

This is the insignia for the New Republic Starfighter Command Heritage Flight. Heritage Flight was formed three years after the Battle of Endor in response to the general public wanting to know more about the fighters, fighter squadrons and the brave beings who fought and were often victorious against an overwhelmingly superior enemy. Heritage Flight was a P.R. and recruitment success for the New Republic in a way that no one could have predicted. Heritage Flight can be seen at numerous aerospace shows throughout the Galaxy, performing the maneuvers that the Rebels flew against the fighter forces of the former First Galactic Empire, as well as give detailed tours of the fighters that they operate with detailed histories and provide question and answer sessions.

Heritage Flight currently operates four ARC-170 Intruders, six Z-95 Headhunters, six BTL-A4 Y-Wings and 4 T-65C X-Wings.

(The design of this insignia was based on the actual United States Air Force Heritage Flight insignia.)

Thanks Clonehead, Hangarbay94 did some GREAT photo manipulations of the Heritage Flight insignias

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2011, 08:20:47 AM »
 :o .............................................................................(stunned from awesomeness)......................................................................... :o

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:21 AM »
Again very nice work! I too love the bold colors on these.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 08:33:13 AM »
Ah, VA, you are a victim of your own success!  In fact, I also have a request, for my 818th Feartroopers Squadron.  I have an insignia that Fiala did for me before, so I'd like to see if you could incorporate that in with it.  I love your work, so keep it coming!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
this is truly a insignia of the week
again very nice work VA

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
A friend of mine told me that the Rebel Legion once did a run of patches for what they referred to as Starfighter Command. After someone complained about the design, the Rebel Legion dropped the design. My friend sent me a link to a discussion thread on the subject and I found a picture of the patch sewn on a leather flight jacket. I liked the design so much, that I decided to re-create it with some differences. Now instead of saying Rebel Legion Starfighter Command in English, it now reads New Republic Starfighter Command in Aurabesh. I also redid the center insignia and the representation of the "spiral" type galaxy found at the bottom. I have attached a link to the thread that explains the controversy over the original patch and the picture that I worked from.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16836&sid=3b7b908f33375b17852c2178a4628d3d

I don't know who designed the original patch. If anyone out there does know who the designer was, please let me know so that I could give either him or her the proper credit that they deserve.

Here is the version that I did: http://viperaviator.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d36vbmb

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 05:16:07 PM »
this is gonna sound  cheeky but any chance we could see  army badges for the 292nd "SandWolves"  ,  224th "MudJumpers"   &  99th  Airbourne Assault Brigade "Death From Above"     and   if i may be so bold as to push my luck ...     the CW  Y-wing Squadron :  PoleAxe Squadron(red Y-wings )    ;D

Hey there wriathnine, I have some ideas in the works, I think you'll like them
Ah, VA, you are a victim of your own success!  In fact, I also have a request, for my 818th Feartroopers Squadron.  I have an insignia that Fiala did for me before, so I'd like to see if you could incorporate that in with it.  I love your work, so keep it coming!

Hi Phatty, I have some ideas for this project as well. I have no problem at all with incorporating Fiala's design as long as Fiala does not mind.

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 05:27:09 PM »
WOW BOYS....DUDES DON'T RUSH THE POOR GUY...you might scare him away!!!

VA, you really have shaken up a hornets nest....I think a large bucket of cold water should do it....I think I'll throw it over poor Wraith9 first ;)

If they give you any trouble then just give me a nudge, sheriff Jules will get out the old Imperial Water Cannon....

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
WOW BOYS....DUDES DON'T RUSH THE POOR GUY...you might scare him away!!!

VA, you really have shaken up a hornets nest....I think a large bucket of cold water should do it....I think I'll throw it over poor Wraith9 first ;)

If they give you any trouble then just give me a nudge, sheriff Jules will get out the old Imperial Water Cannon....

thats right you just pick on me will ya ...... lol
just kidding  when ever is fine  was just curious to see what you would come up with that was all ..........."goes and sulks in the corner after being told off"........
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »
Wow, I just read some of the controversy over the patch. Being former military myself I would have considered anything like that a great compliment to my unit or division if I had seen someone customize it for Star Wars use. I think some folks either have way too much time on thier hands or spend way too much time trying to legitamize fun.

That being said, I love the new design and was thinking to myself some of these would just make excellent patches. Have you ever considered submitting some of your great unit designs into making patches? I could easily see myself having an entire jacket of these given the chance.

I would also like to apologize for myself for asking for an insignia for some type of ground walker unit. I am enjoying your work immensely and hope you see it as a compliment with no committment at all on your end. As someone so elegantly said earlier this week, you can't rush an artist and this is great art. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »
Hello all,

Please don't worry about the requests, they get me inspired to make these insignias, and I really enjoy doing them (it keeps me sane LOL). Just please be patient with me it might take a while to complete them. I still have some WIPs I'm currently in the process of finishing along with some commissions from Pocket Books. After I'm done with those items I'll begin working on the requests. Thank you for all of the kind words and support. This is one of the best groups that I belong to!

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »

Hi Phatty,

Here's what I came up with for the 818th Feartrooper Regiment. Let me know what you think.

http://viperaviator.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d36y8g3

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
This is the insignia for Echo Base, Located on the planet Hoth in the Anoat System. Done for all of the Empire Strikes Back fans out there ENJOY!

http://viperaviator.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d370b6p

:thumb193170337: