Author Topic: Whats your take on Tunghori?  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Whats your take on Tunghori?
« on: January 14, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »
I am sure sooner or later all of us have come across this ebay seller who seems to somehow have access to figures months before we even know they exist.  The quantities of figures this fellow is able to have access too is downright crazy to think about. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts and opinions on this seller was?

Spookymufu

Re: Whats your take on Tunghori?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
i think he has an insider to the factory thats stealing factory rejects and he's selling them on eBay, every figure (about 7) I have ordered from him have had some kind of defect

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
Thanks for reviving this thread, Shawn. The most common opinions are that tunghori acquires and sells both factory rejects and taken from the assembly line figures directly from the Hasbro factory where he or his suppliers or both work. Considering that many of the figures that he sells have their own accessories that more than likely are produced in a different part of the plant and would come together where the packaging takes place, it seems that a whole network of factory thieves may come together to make this availability happen for Tunghori.  

Some like me, like that yet-to-be produced figures can be found in his auctions at a decent price and the huge lots that he offers are perfect for army builders.

I got a parcel from Tunghori today that contained two figures. One was a clone trooper draa figure and while he came with his two weapons, the backpack that the carded version would contain was missing. Now, the auction pic didn't have the backpack and I shouldn't have expected it "perhaps those are produced in a different plant", I just wanted to warn everyone not to expect all of the accessories that a carded version would include while buying one of Tunghori's figure auctions.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
I have only bought one auction from him and ofcourse it was AT-AT Drivers and they really only lacked some of the facial paint details. From the vast majority of the folks I have talked to they have all agreed that something is missing. Ofcourse for the price, I think most of us are still bidding on this guys' auctions.

Offline RogueLeader

• Cadet
    • DSP2
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:28:09 PM »
I've ordered from him once, and I was happy with what I got overall.  His selection is almost certainly factory 'seconds' though...

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:16:02 AM »
virtually all the figures apart from the odd missing accesorie (which btw where not pictured ,so i shouldnt have expected them) were identical to the retail figures (and i mean IDENTICAL) ,as i'm from the U.K.  where Hasbro regularly ignores the U.K. market and the prices are non-justifiable  ,Tunghori is my "go-to" guy  without him my collecting would be dead ,simple as that ,i have no problem if they are pinched from the factory  as Hasbro has spent the last few years "sticking it" to the U.K. collector ,so anyone who "sticks it" to Hasbro is fine by me........

ask yourself this if Hasbro did everything they SHOULD be doing then guys like Tunghori wouldn't have a market at all..............
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 02:18:22 AM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:35 AM »
I don't even think he's pinching them at all, or they would have had him shut down by now and arrested.  While I've never found any, I believe they're "flawed" pieces, or he buys them from the factory at huge discount somehow.  In either case, why would anyone have issue with that?  If you want it carded with all the accessories, you can wait til it shows up in your area, if it ever does.  Me?  I buy from him every now and then when I see something I'm looking for for customizing or my loose shelf.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:19 AM »
well, i think hasbro throw away demented/missing pieces figures in a massive dumpster and tunghori and his little family of probably 14 or something  jump in and dumpster-dive taking every thing they find in suitcases or bin bags then they do this every 5 days his kids sort out the figures and his wife sells them all... now his " lot 5 stormtrooper" auctions go to $20 and 20 dollars or 20 pounds is ALOT in the Philippines and hes getting loads of money ....
he's a master entrepreneur

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 05:58:21 AM »
 I have been a long time customer of Tunghori and while my feelings about the figures I have received have been mixed, Tunghori has always gone above and beyond to correct any issues I have had with my orders.  Sometimes the figures may have two left hands or even two left arms for that matter.  The paint application may not be what the carded figure would be. ( I got an Ahsoka once without the white facial markings and on a Cad Bane action figure only one  foot was painted.) What I will say though is that his parts are great for fodder).  It's a great place to acquire super-articulated figures for your customizing needs.  When I haven't received all of the accessories in a shipment, I have written Tunghori and he has included these missing accessories in my next shipment.  If you are looking for perfection, I'd buy with caution, but if you are looking for parts, look no further.

I usually buy a figure early until I can get hold of a carded one and then convert the holdover into fodder.  I respect him enough to promote him at our blog when writing our posts as well as providing a link to his ebay store too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:40:04 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 06:06:04 AM »
i had one issue with a clone with one leg shorter than the other  sent him a message  and he sent out a replacement right away !  you dont get service like that out of a lot of ebayers!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 04:19:29 PM »
i had one issue with a clone with one leg shorter than the other  sent him a message  and he sent out a replacement right away !  you dont get service like that out of a lot of ebayers!

AGREED.  Tunghori aims to please.

Spookymufu

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »
I dont have much good to say about his service....

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
whohooh im glad someone made this post , im on his page daily waiting for sweet deals  ;D.  well either he workers in  the factory and smuggles them out (place i don't want to think of) :P  or he is hasbro...... in other words think about it, the true cost of an action figure 2$ 1.50$ , hasbro sell them here in greece 9.00 euros thats 14.54$ in america i presume the cost for a basic figure is around 7-8$ now think of clone trooper , army builder before tunghori existed, or even other asian eBay seller , army builder wouldn't pay 7-8$ for clone troopers , maybe for a couple but nothing compared to the amount tunghori sells daily!! in the past i always see clone trooper in shelves, its pointless price to pay ,  kids don't need 100 clone trooper to play with them , its a collectors thing, now collectors are mostly grownup , they have jobs , other priorities , with tunghori he offers 5 clone troopers for the price of one and half, he sells them daily 5-10 figs in a lot of 5 for the price of maybe 2 figures , in other words he's making lots of $$$ way more than hasbro does  selling these fig separately in stores. on rare figs he doubles the prices of original sale so he also make double the profit hasbro would in rare figs or figures that came in two packs (ex Darth Krayt) why hasn't hasbro done anything to stop him , they could get eBay to track him down in suspicion of stealing , im sure and court order would be given. And they should care, because since i met him my rate of buying figures dropped 90%and the other 10% are rare figs i might be lucky to find.

in conclusion i think he's a very suspicious character but i love doing business with him and all the figures that came were 100%

my new figs came and they were shipped from hong kong , while his ebay says hes from singapore.....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:50:08 AM by clonetrooper360 »
May the Force be with you !

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 05:43:28 AM »
from macau phillipines actually

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
 :P
May the Force be with you !