Author Topic: JediMerc's Customs: Harn Vandeth - EpVII Custom Contest Entry (upd 3/24/13)  (Read 39146 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Clone Bounty Hunter (finished!)) -- 8/21/11)
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
Yepper, first one.

Who knows about a helmet one day? Leave it to Clint and Jay to put together some concoction that would work for this, but it looks great with just the breather.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2011, 11:31:50 AM »
i love them all great job jm

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
wow.. that is a beautiful executed bounty hunter.. Parts go very well together, im a big fan of the lower legs and the base figure you used.. Excellent..

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2011, 04:59:37 AM »
That is a great looking custom! I vote for the first look with the mask. He looks more "real" to me that way. The Ki Adi cloak seems to take away from your work weathering his armor with that bandolier in the front. I really like this guy, well done!

Thanks for the recommendation...I liked the Ki Adi cloak, but you're right: it covers too much of the fine details I put into his armor. 
Who knows?  Maybe that breather will come in useful if he's ever on a post-apocalyptic desert world tracking a bounty... ;)

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2011, 05:06:28 AM »
@ JediMinstrel -- Yeah, that's the one I decided would be his "definitive" look...the cloak just covered too many details in the paint job.  Thanks for checking it out!

@ Tamer -- I guess it's the "Vader effect": breath masks just rule (in my book).    Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

@ SithHappens -- I appreciate the love; can't wait to see what you've got on tap next!

@ drod26 -- Thanks: I'm always really, really careful about choosing the parts that go into my figs.  For me, it has to fit "just right" or I'll scrap it and start over completely.  (Part of my perfectionist complex, I suppose.   ::))   I love these particular Starkiller legs and, for the longest time, could not find something that they seemed to go well with.  I'm really pleased with how everything came together on this fig too!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:04:45 PM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
Re: JediMerc's Customs (Clone Bounty Hunter (WIP) -- 8/15/11)
« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
 DH woooooooooooooaaaaaaaaa I loved that clone bounty hunter is pure awsome that AT-RT driver body it's perfectly with that Fordo's head and what about the color combinations they are amanzing good work man I dont know Tamer but that BH most go to the FP greetings  ;D ;D ;D  DH

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2011, 04:51:07 PM »
Wow I bet Boba is jealous. Let's ask him.

bbfet

Your to much Boba.

Great use of parts and paint apps!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:53 AM »
Well you know I check in everywhere I see new customs and I just so swamped for time lately I am having a rough time getting them up on the fp where they belong, but this one is now up there.

Thanks for being patient with me Yarders, I am trying to find ways to get back on this.

Offline Wookie-Balls

• Commodore
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2011, 03:42:48 AM »
wooooooowzers -that is totally my favourite custom figure EVER. Really fantastic work there. I like both the first and the fourth pic.  I actually really like the cloak.

Thanks for sharing that - if it was produced by Hasbro I'd buy it in a heartbeat...

All the best, WB

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2011, 05:43:33 AM »
That Clone Bounty Hunter custom is all aces.   Always love your parts choices.  You make a cool figure every time.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2011, 04:17:26 PM »
 WOW great job great choice of parts great everything love it  :o  bbfet

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2011, 01:42:52 AM »
that is a great looking custom JM
the parts go very well together and the weathering is perfect

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2011, 05:05:33 AM »
I appreciate everyone taking the time to stop in and check out the latest figs!  I'm working on paint apps and color choices for Wyl Tarson (double agent - Rebellion comic series) and Starkiller (Corellian flight gear)....unfortunately, with the start of the school year, it may a little longer before I can get these guys up and posted. 

@ Mandolore_1992: Thanks for the comments; it's always nice to know your work is appreciated!

@ Tamer: Thanks for the fp!  I totally understand trying to do everything and be everywhere at once; no worries!  So many awesome customizers here who deserve to have their work highlighted for all to see!

@ Orangepeace: Maybe this guy IS Boba, using an alternate ID...oh wait, technically he is!  Thanks for the comments!

@ Wookie-Balls: Wow, definitely inspiring!  Yeah, I was torn between which look to go with and I think I've let the breather mask grow on me more than the cloak, but that's why it's all removable, right?  Thanks for the comments!

@ DarthDaddy: With all you've got going on, I was glad to see you could check this guy out.  I'm always keeping up with you blog and new work, though I don't comment as regularly as I should....

@ lucasclones: Thanks, I appreciate you taking a look!

@ Fiala: Thanks; I'm slowly working on the realistic elements of armor weathering, laser blast damage, etc. and trying to use it to enhance the look of my figs, but not overdo it at the same time.  It's nice to know that people are picking up on those slight details that, I feel, make-or-break a custom fig. 

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2011, 06:09:26 AM »
I really dig that particular figure.
The base figure is great to work with and your alterations just fit wonderfully.
Overall cool figure.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »
Excellent work. I am working on a clone bounty hunter as well. Again, excellent work.