Author Topic: Clone Wars season 4 talk!  (Read 37248 times)

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
Re: Clone Wars season 4 talk!
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »
Tamson's death. :o

()rr

Lee-Char was quite a great warrior for a Prince, especially displayed there...  Most nobles wouldn't fight to save their life, but he fought for the the lives of everyone of his people.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2011, 10:39:27 AM »
Well, I wanted to jump in on this discussion.
  I have been a Clone Wars fan since the debut, and with this series I'm convinced Star Wars has always been great..you just can't let Lucas write the scripts anymore.

On with the series premiere..
  I loved the underwater setting for the opening story arc, but this setting did prove again that this isn't a cartoon strictly for kids. It was a bit disturbing to see all of the floating bodies on the battlefield, but I guess you can't war without casualties...even in a kid's story.
  A great character point I noticed about Anakin is when he get's his helmet removed during a fight and instead of simply relying on the force to bring his helmet back to him..he panics. It's up to Asoka to rescue him. Now, this is a character defining moment, I think..cause we see his fear over ride his abilities as a jedi..something I'm sure he'll never get over.
  Fast Forward to this week's episode, sad to see the death of another peripheral character, but one not easily forgotten.

Offline Revanfan1

• Official site Revan know-it-all
  • Cadet
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2011, 01:55:58 PM »

A great character point I noticed about Anakin is when he get's his helmet removed during a fight and instead of simply relying on the force to bring his helmet back to him..he panics.

When I saw that, I was like: lsab

I mean, I get your point, but this is the Chosen One. We just got a three-episode arc where he was shown to be the only one able to control the ultimate light side (the Daughter) and the ultimate dark side (the Son). And he does it with the Force, grabbing them out of the air and yanking them to the ground! Yet here, he can't even call back his helmet to him? Where't the overconfident Jedi Knight from Dooku Captured?
Revan, the Prodigal Knight, who turned from the darkness.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »
im done with watching the series , its over, more jar jar are u serious? i dont want to even get started with every mistake this series make just lazy writing and graphics , the 2d cartoon had more details than this. i pray that we dont get a series after rotj because every other episode will probaly be about ewoks!
May the Force be with you !

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
well i to have found that with all Dave Filonis huffing and puffing about the awesomeness of season 4  i must say i am seriously underwhelmed :(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Revanfan1

• Cadet
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2011, 07:10:37 PM »
well i to have found that with all Dave Filonis huffing and puffing about the awesomeness of season 4  i must say i am seriously underwhelmed :(

We're four episodes in. Chill. bbfet

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »

We're four episodes in. Chill. bbfet

oh trust me i hope it gets a lot better but this is not a truly fantastic start ,the first 3 episodes of season 3 were far better

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
I agree with W9, this season just doesn't have me hooked like season 3 did.

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
« Reply #128 on: October 04, 2011, 06:12:24 AM »
We're three episodes in..

And all the Jar Jar Bashing has already gotten to be a little old. I actually don't find him all that annoying in the series..We've had two gungan heavy episodes now, and when you look at them in context of the story and forget every prejudice. The gungans are proving themselves to be a noble..yet formidable race of characters. Simple folk...like people from Northwest Texas.
   Anyway, I agree with Revanfan..it is way too early to start unbuckling your seatbelt.

But back to these character points on Anakin..He's a much better character in the series than what we saw in the movies.

Season 3 had a great season opener, but had a large lull in action towards the middle of the season with a lackluster season finale. I'm hoping there's a crescendo this entire season.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »
We're three episodes in..

And all the Jar Jar Bashing has already gotten to be a little old. I actually don't find him all that annoying in the series..We've had two gungan heavy episodes now, and when you look at them in context of the story and forget every prejudice. The gungans are proving themselves to be a noble..yet formidable race of characters. Simple folk...like people from Northwest Texas.
   Anyway, I agree with Revanfan..it is way too early to start unbuckling your seatbelt.

But back to these character points on Anakin..He's a much better character in the series than what we saw in the movies.

Season 3 had a great season opener, but had a large lull in action towards the middle of the season with a lackluster season finale. I'm hoping there's a crescendo this entire season.

actually i dont have any problem with Jar Jar   its just they keep saying that season 4 will blow us away from the start i am finding myself very unblown  thats all ,and i am a die hard clone wars fan .

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:00 AM »
It is good to see this thread so active. I think the biggest problem I am having so far is my favorite characters are the clones and they haven't been focusing too much on any of them. I can't wait to see that story arc that involves Rex. We also get to see Wolffe on a mission this coming Friday so that will be good too.

On that note, I will be commenting on the latest CW Episode on the ISY Facebook Channel found at

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Imperial-Shipyards/234428276594079

while the new episode is happening just giving a scene by scene opinion commentary. Lucas Clones joined me last week and it was great fun going back and forth while the action was happening, ofcourse during the commercials.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2011, 02:27:03 PM »
Well my plan so far is to get into the ISY Facebook Page to leave some running comentary this evening (sinus infection permitting) about the new episdoe this evening. I am glad we are going to see Wolffe again.

Offline Revanfan1

• Cadet
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
I've heard that this was the worst episode of the season. I don't have cable access, so I wasn't able to watch it and will have to wait to see it until Monday on SW.com. I like all the episodes, I don't think I've ever seen a true stinker, IMO, although last season's constant political episodes somewhat bored me. But none of S4's episodes have been that bad, so far, IMO.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2011, 03:40:36 AM »
the only reason nabbo is focused is because of the Episode 1 JANUARY RELEASE !!!!! so that hasbro can sell more gungans !    jsut watched 5th episode of the series and yep , another weak episode , i do like the droids more than jar jar so i can tolerate it but still im VERY dissapointed that they havent shown the change in uniforms the clones just popped up wearing the news ones , i was hoping for an episode were they test the new phase 2 armor on a small squad or soemthing and maybe see some prototypes , but nope nothing like that :(
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2011, 04:40:41 AM »
I tend to agree with you that this one is not starting off quite as strong as predicted. I did like this episode, even if R2 and C3PO were the main focus of the story arc. I think all of the great new Aliens in the forms of the various races like the Elena and then those inside their planet were pretty cool if even it seemed they didn't have a real purpose for being there for the most part.

I did like seeing the new armor and seeing that Wolffe helm on the ARFer on that one AT-RT was pretty cool as was seeing new LAATs with nose art. I do tend to think someone needs to remember this is the Clone Wars, not the slight disagreement skirmish though. Had to use it Jay!