Author Topic: AFE's Customs -- Updated 12/28/13--Back In Black!  (Read 126985 times)

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Re: Action Figure Empire's Customs -- Updated 12/05--Zayd Kyro--New Mando!!!
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2011, 01:55:45 PM »
@Mungo: Oh I went there! haha. Yeah man I actually had a mohawk myself way back when. Was kinda fun.

@Thunder: no no, the elbows on the senate guard are really weird. They stick out and make his sleeves look all poofy. Kinda looks weird I know, but no he's ok.

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #526 on: November 06, 2011, 03:14:39 PM »
Wow.  I honestly don't know how else to say what I'm seeing.  Incredible indeed!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #527 on: November 06, 2011, 04:01:18 PM »
@Phatty: Ah you're too kind, sir! Thanks so much for the front page treatment! I can only get better :)

"For the Empire!"

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2011, 04:28:51 PM »
I like the mohawk and your choice of parts. He kinda has a roadwarrior feel to him.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2011, 04:31:04 PM »
you know I love him,he just reminded me of more of an apocalyptic kind of guy,more like a warrior,and would have no need for it.now you've got me wanting to see your next custom already.well I'm sure I'll like him too.it's taking me forever to finish my customs,sorry about that.I've just been so busy with work and stuff,but I'll have them done soon I hope.oh,what did you use to paint the soft goods with?it looks like something my nieces would use,and not in a bad way,I mean it's so colorful and bright.is it some kind of fabric paint?I'm sure michals would carry it right.heck,maybe my nieces have some I could borrow lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
Wow, wouldn't you love to see this guy in a Gladitorial Arena. Fantastic, Pat beat me to the front page which is definitely where he belongs.

I also like the fact that while his armor is so bright to be garish, it is full of battle scared blemishes so one would know don't mess with this dude.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
@Clonesniper: I saw the mad max movies at a very early age and loved them, so perhaps they're buried in my subconscious and now they're coming out in my custom work. Glad you like him!

@JMT: Yeah you're right, he wouldn't need it. But, to assuage this issue my next figure doesn't have one and doesn't need one. So you can have you cake and eat it too :) As for painting the soft goods, I just used my citadel paints on it. Same as my other capes and cloaks that I've painted. It took a few coats to build up the orange for the planet as this material really sucked the paint up. Silver will come out a bit whiter/less metallic and the more paint you put on cloth the stiffer it gets. Which can work for you or against you depending on what you're trying to do lol. Get ready for some more extreme custom madness with my next figure! He's armed to the teeth!

@Tamer: Yeah! I actually am planning a gladiator Mando at some point, more of a "bare bones, less armor, hand-to-hand" type of figure, than a Roman/Spartan soldier. Yep, Phatty swooped in from nowhere. he does that haha. Glad you agree with the front page posting! I guess orange is the new black... or something. Yeah, I really wanted to make it look like the orange/yellow paint was peeling to the bare metal underneath, rather than scratched off, like it was older, or subjected to harsh activities causing it to weather prematurely.

Coming soon: a Mandalorian that makes a droideka look like a pea shooter. He's a mean, cyborg super soldier that doubles as a heavy artillery battery. Also a mini recon droid, and a Mando droid assassin. Stay tuned!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #532 on: November 07, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
That color scheme is bad-@$$!  Awesome.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #533 on: November 07, 2011, 05:53:33 PM »
@DO: Hey thanks man! Really glad you're liking the orange too!

"For the Empire!"

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2011, 11:05:14 PM »
Status Report/Spoilers!

This is all hypothetical and subject to change:

Firstly I've been toying with the idea for a Star Wars garrison based massive correspondence based multi-player table top-esque game that utilizes figures from our personal collections as pieces on a game board. This might be a bit like playing chess through the mail as some people used to do. But so far the idea is that everyone's collections can be broken into up to 7 factions. These factions are: Empire, Rebels, Sith, Jedi, Clones, Separatists, and Scum (bounty hunters, rogues, thugs, etc.). Each figure type/character gets stats which would be used to predict the outcome of combat scenarios. Each unit (figure, vehicle, or stationary piece such as canons and bases) gets a set amount of hit points. The moves are turn based. Any faction can battle any other faction. If both players have the same figure(s) they're treated like chess pieces in that everyone has a king, a queen, 2 rooks, etc. Much like Battle Front 2 Heroes act as leaders and at least one hero is needed to command a certain number of units. Heroes often can fit into more than one faction, i.e. Luke Skywalker is a Rebel and also a Jedi. Obviously Heroes are harder to kill than regular units and they possess unique abilities.

One must name their Garrison, photograph their faction figures, (so we have proof of the units you're using and you can't say "I have 2000 Darth Vaders" in one faction).
Next we must establish the stats and abilities of each Faction Member. Are your units combat or non combat units. i.e. a protocol droid is a non combat unit as its programming prevents it from engaging in violence, but it could offer a boost of battlefield intelligence, or foster better unit cohesion via translation between species or something like that.

Not sure if this would work with custom figures as the stats are harder to generate and they're unique non-canon characters. Perhaps there could be an exclusively customized faction.

Please please please offer suggestions, comments, ideas, anything you can offer that might make this make sense. It'd be really fun to battle our collections, even if we can't all get together in person for it.

---Spoiler Alert!---

I feel like when I'm working on multiple creative projects, customs included, I'm a chef with any dishes cooking standing over hot pots with flavors and smells blending together. My work space is my kitchen and my pieces are my dishes. At least that's the image I sometimes get. Anyway, this week I'm cooking up some brand new customs. I've got my heavy Mando needing some re-gluing and then it's time for painting. I'm also working on a Mando duo a male and female team to fight the Imperial Mandos. The female, is a Lt. and the male is a General. She wields a pretty serious heavily modified DC-17M that builds on my EE-3/T-21 rifle combination trend but this time features a totally unique scope, and an under-barrel grenade launcher. It's a gun with its own back story and is a legend among most soldiers. It takes it's name from a Greek myth and in my opinion it's one of the finest custom weapons I've made yet. The female Mando boasts a unique hair style as well! Also in the works, a mutant Mando the product of a failed military experiment.

Be sure to check back at the next update for all the details on these two new customs!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 11:20:53 PM by ActionFigEmpire »

"For the Empire!"

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #535 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19:52 PM »
Since creating the Imperial Mandalorian mash-up squad I have been wanting to do a Rebel Mando squad. I began looking around my collection for the right parts and I settled on what I think is, at least in my opinion, one of the best bodies Hasbro has ever produced. And that is the Deena Shan covert ops blue/black catsuit from the comic packs line. The male body is just as awesome too! But if you know me, it's all about the female characters. So I began a massive repaint adding a Rebel gray and metallic Rebel orangeon that body and added a new holster. Scratch built a new jetpack and drilled a hole for it to fit into her back. added two long braids to her hair and gave her some added eyeliner. added details to her belt and adjusted her life support color scheme. The helmet combines the Mando helm with the X-Wing pilot helmet for a Rebel/Mando mash-up look. The rifle is my best weapon so far and features a scope that is wired to a skull through which the gunner sights their target through the skull's eyes. It's one of two 'brother/sister' rifles and she is one of two Rebel Mandos. Still to come is her counter part, a Rebel general...

I present Haana Solayra:

Haana Solayra (Hah-nuh So-lair-uh. think Han Solo) grew up as a part of the Rebel Alliance. Her parents defected to the Rebels after the rise of the Galactic Empire and before the events of A New Hope. When she was of age Haana entered the Alliance's pilot training academy and displayed great skill in the cockpit of most Alliance fighter craft. Placing in an A-WIng squadron she flew several combat tours and held a high kill ratio against Imperial pilots. She then left her squadron and pursued military activities in ground combat. Displaying both a knack for tactical combat and a finesse for minimal casualty rates she was picked up by the Alliance's covert operations and intelligence branch. There she served for several tours and earned the rank of Lieutenant. Recruited form the covert field operations office she was placed in a deep cover top secret project organized by former Mandalorian warrior and Clone Wars General Das Sooneeda. Haana quickly earned the honor of donning mandalorian armor and becoming a champion of the Rebel Alliance as a Rebel Mandalorian Commando. While on a mission Haana and General Sooneeda discovered the schematics for two ancient weapons created by a brother and sister team of weapon smiths. The sister created the Daedalus Rifle--a highly modified DC-17M that borrows pieces from the T-21 Rifle and the EE-3 Carbine. Complete with a unique and morbid scope this rifle packs a walloping blow and features a repeating fire system and an under-barrel rocket/grenade launcher. Choosing the Daedalus rifle for herself, Sooneeda took the other rifle, crafted by the brother, known as the Icarus Rifle. Upon returning from their mission the team mates had the rifles fabricated from the original blue-prints and had the blue prints destroyed. Haana is a hero of her cause and one of the most tenacious fighters the Alliance has ever known.

DSC_2572[/url

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/68039009@N06/6333991410/]

DSC_2574

DSC_2575

DSC_2576

DSC_2578[/url

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/68039009@N06/6333990778/]

DSC_2583

DSC_2584

DSC_2585

DSC_2586

Daedalus Rifle:

DSC_2587

DSC_2588

DSC_2590

DSC_2593

DSC_2594

DSC_2595

DSC_2598

DSC_2600

DSC_2602

DSC_2603

DSC_2605

DSC_2610

DSC_2613

DSC_2616

DSC_2619

DSC_2620

DSC_2625

DSC_2626

"For the Empire!"

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
Re: Action Figure Empire's Customs -- Updated 11/11--Rebel Mando Girl!!!
« Reply #536 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
very cool AFE,love the colors,the rifle,and the helmet.you made what I thought was a terrible figure,into a very cool one.  ;D always like your work,and i'm just as excited to see your next project.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:40:37 PM by JediMindtrix »

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #537 on: November 10, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »
Thanks JMT! I really like this body for a mando girl. lots of possibilities for armor. I have to disagree tho, she's a pretty great body. Versatile and bad @ss but also sexy. :)

"For the Empire!"

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #538 on: November 11, 2011, 01:52:45 AM »
great color scheme!!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #539 on: November 11, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
Nice work!  I agree with your assessment of the base body as one of the best H has produced (the FX-7, closely followed by the FX-6, win out as best in my book) and I have bought as many as I could - but as I read thru your intro piece, I was trying to figure out how you were going to make that body into a Mando.  Well, your paint-scheme pulled it off.  The helmet looks a bit top-heavy from the front, but hey, that's the hazards of working in this scale. (and it's far better than anything *I* could pull off!)  :thumbsup:  Nice work!