Author Topic: AFE's Customs -- Updated 12/28/13--Back In Black!  (Read 126975 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: AFE's Customs -- Updated 05/01/12--2 NEW Rebels!!!
« Reply #840 on: May 05, 2012, 06:04:32 AM »
And now I need some Hammerheads!  I've had an idea or three...

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #841 on: May 05, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »
That Ithorian X-Wing pilot blew my son's mind!  He loves all the Rebel pilots (and just made himself a Mon Cal one).  So awesome!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #842 on: May 05, 2012, 08:35:25 AM »
@HB94: Thank you!!! I wanted to do more than a head swap on the pilot as so many of hasbro's alien pilots merely have alien heads and human hand and feet. There's no way mon cal feet or quarren feet fit into human boots. Oh well! Look for a Wookie B-Wing pilot coming soon!

@Doc: Hehehe let me know what you come up with!

@DO: That's awesome! How old is your son? I'd love to see his work! Thanks!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #843 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:56 PM »
Amidst a giant and still growing WIP pile I decided I wanted to create some villains for some of my custom characters (specifically Vixxen Tang and her friends) and so I decided who better than to be a smuggler's enemy than a mandalorian bounty hunter, right? Good enough for Fett and Solo, good enough for me! So I began to piece together a female mandalorian with a unique look and intricate gear. I really wanted this character to be dynamic and carry the same believability and authenticity as the established characters in the Star Wars Universe do. I wanted to take her seriously and be able to see her in comics and books or appearing on the TCW cartoon. She's a nasty bit of work and a skilled adversary! I also have a full-scale long range stealth fighter WIP for her called The WraithHound.

I give you, Jai Haiku (J-eye High-koo)

Born on the rain drenched ocean planet of Kamino around the time of the beginning of the Clone Wars Jai Haiku's origin remains a mystery. Some rumors suggest that she was female version of the clone troopers--an experimental program ended by the Republic but not before a few female clones were created. All are said to have been terminated--but you never know. Others posit that Jango Fett ordered a male and female clone to be created of himself, but favored the male clone, leaving the female to remain a ward of Kamino. Others still suggest she's merely a Shi'ido or Clawdite. Regardless she bares a striking resemblance to both Fetts save for her pupiless red eyes. An accident of the cloning process? Perhaps. Whatever her origins she was taken off Kamino in a liberation raid by members of a fundamentalist Mandalorian warrior cult, obsessed with the ancient traditions and codes of the Mando order. It was there that she received some of the most rigorous tactical and combat training the galaxy had to offer. She eventually came of age and earned her own Mandalorian armor which she modified and upgraded before setting out as a mercenary and bounty hunter. She's earned a reputation for being intensly loyal and persistent to a point. Some even claim she's more merciless than even Fett. Armed to the teeth and ready for anything Jai Haiku is close on Boba Fett's heals for the title of "Best in the Galaxy". She might just be his sister. She only needs a sample of his DNA to prove it. Trouble is... getting it.

Gear:
-Powered Custom Mando chest Armor
-Silver heat dissipating/energy absorbing catsuit
-standard Mando Gauntlets and Greaves
-GrabTite Magnaboots
-Twin BlasTech "Negotiator" blasters and holster harness
-Interrogator Over-Bracer with Neural/Digital Shunt, digital display screen, holonet access, holo-projector, and blaster
-Standard Mando Helm with custom retrofit multi-spectrum 360 degree scope and advanced harsh environment filters/rebreathers
-Mitrinomon Z-6 Jetpack
-Survival Knife
-Aggressor drum magazine fed grenade launcher with interchangeable ammo
-Sunny disposition akin to Wolverine's

DSC_4011

DSC_4012

DSC_4014

DSC_4019

DSC_4021

DSC_4017 copy

DSC_4025

DSC_4026

DSC_4028

DSC_4029

DSC_4030

DSC_4039

DSC_4041

DSC_4043

DSC_4045

DSC_4046

DSC_4054 copy[/url

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/79669518@N04/7213670340/]

DSC_4049

DSC_4050

DSC_4051

DSC_4052

DSC_4056

Thanks for stopping by! More coming soon!

"For the Empire!"

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: AFE's Customs -- Updated 05/17/12--New Female Mando! Pic Heavy!!!
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »
Very cool! I love that all of her gear is removable. The interrogation bracer is freaking amazing! Great job cobbling everything together. Is that a modified young Boba Fett head?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
Uh, I think I am in love. Wait a minute, you can't feel that for AFs right? :o

Marvelous and on the fp.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:45 AM »
WOW - WOW - WOW... I can almost foresee her kickin' Boba in the junk... sibling rivalries can be soooo nasty... especially between a brother & sister - I have a 10 yr. old son & a 9 yr. old daughter... my money is ALWAYS on the female... - LOL
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #847 on: May 17, 2012, 06:50:39 AM »
Love this style brotha!She looks great! Love all the gadgets on this one,and the color scheme is great too.Really enjoy'd it.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #848 on: May 17, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »
Very Cool!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #849 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:00 AM »
@Spry: Yeah that was one of the concepts I wanted to incorporate. She can strip off the bulky battle gear and still look ready to handle a fight. The interrogator bracer is definitely one of my favorite creations. It's actually a really simple recipe and can easily be duplicated. The one flaw is it's a bit tight over her hand, so a lot of on-off will start to pull paint off. Glad you like her! No that's not a young Boba head it's a head I got in a lot of fodder that I thought might have been from a Gatchaman figure but I don't know. I think it's a cast as it was originally all yellowish tan colored and there's another one the same color. I really like that they're both female heads I've never seen before and never used. Wish I knew what they were from and where to get more!

@Tamer: Hahaha you can try asking her out... can't imagine it'd end well for you, between Jai and your wife lol. I think you can definitely feel love for inanimate objects. Children certainly do with stuffed animals/blankets/toys. We're all just big kids after all ;) So glad you love her! Thanks for the fp!

@BL4CK: Hahaha perhaps I'll do a mini-scene of them fighting! I think she'd win too! But she really just needs to get a sample of his DNA and check it against her own. Somehow the girls always win. They're crafty that way!

@JMT: Thanks! Yes sometimes you gotta go with the Gadgets! Like classic James Bond! I struggled with the color scheme for a while. Eventually this just felt right! Glad you like her!

@GS18: Thanks bro!

"For the Empire!"

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2012, 10:46:22 AM »
Man i am inspired. I have been wanting to do a female mando for sometime.  Thsi is great work. The bracer alone is incredible. Nice work. I will have to come back whe at home to finish reading her back story.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
@LC: Thanks brother! So glad you like her! Nothing quite like fem mandos now is there? Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I better post the Bracer recipe!

Interrogator Bracer:

1- GI Joe (I think?) bracer that comes with the blue-ish laster mounted on a peg. Laser removed and peg cut off
1- Scout Trooper blaster, cut down, for hold-out blaster attachment
1- TVC Obi-Wan Kenobi (full beard/Jedi Knight), commlink cut down (holonet screen)
1- ROTS FX-6 (medical droid) "needle" arm attachment cut down (neural shunt)
1- Hoth Han Solo glove-mounted commlink/thermo suit controls cut to size (little greebly with 2 buttons for on/off switch)
1- Rebel X-Wing Pilot life support hose cut down (coolant hose)

Then it's just paint and glue!

I'll be making more of these if anyone is interested in them :D

"For the Empire!"

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #852 on: May 17, 2012, 01:30:25 PM »
Nice Mando Gal. She looks very tough.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #853 on: May 17, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
WoW! This is stunning! I love the idea of a sister for boba. Backstory is great to .She sorta resembles boba cause her face look's sorta like bobas when he was little! Love the gaunlet to.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #854 on: May 17, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
Super cool!!! Love how you took us through the build and all the customized gear just rocks!!