Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161368 times)

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: SA Bossk WIP)
« Reply #1125 on: April 07, 2010, 11:14:42 AM »
I like. I like alot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: SA crimson arf)
« Reply #1126 on: April 07, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »
Devin, we have all been admiring your at-rt, but your custom rider that goes with it looks great too. On the front page. Thank you for sharing the construction of these with us.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1127 on: April 07, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
Devin I have to be honest, I think the amount of red is a bit too much for me. It also looks like brownish red and looks like leather sections on the vehicle. Maybee it is the brown table they are displayed on or just me. It also looks like the head should be lowered a bit. Not trying to be mean as I love the customs but something seems off and I would want that same honesty from you.  Do you have a group shot with the other Crimson Scout and the General? I was wondering what the difference is...

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #1128 on: April 07, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »
You did it again, spud! I really like the walker!!!!

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #1129 on: April 07, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »
what a great looking set, this would be a perfect mini rig pack, hasbro take note!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #1130 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
really cool! :)

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #1131 on: April 07, 2010, 08:24:07 PM »
looks great man! Can't wait to see more, I myself am working on a Shadow ARF scout.

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
« Reply #1132 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »
Spud,

Hey bro. I like the trooper. I think the black is excellent. I would of added the crimson and put blood red just one line in the middle of the crimson to break the color a little. But thats just me.

I really like your take on the figure. Is the head a cast or was it from a store bought fig? Thats a biker scout figure correct? Also what line was it from. I forgot how cool those heads would look painted. I really enjoyed this one ALOT!

Darth Creatine (Jon)

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: SA Bossk WIP)
« Reply #1133 on: April 08, 2010, 02:30:12 AM »
Spud,
Hey bro. I like the trooper. I think the black is excellent. I would of added the crimson and put blood red just one line in the middle of the crimson to break the color a little. But thats just me.
I really like your take on the figure. Is the head a cast or was it from a store bought fig? Thats a biker scout figure correct? Also what line was it from. I forgot how cool those heads would look painted. I really enjoyed this one ALOT!
Darth Creatine (Jon)

This figure is a variation of my before seen crimson scout, which was a custom super articulated gen. wier figure.  This arf figure was originally the other storm commando that came in that comic pack.  The body has been replaced with a resolute cobra trooper's and the head is a custom resin cast of the TCW arf trooper helmet which has been modified to remove the pointed top....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1134 on: April 08, 2010, 02:35:06 AM »
Devin I have to be honest, I think the amount of red is a bit too much for me. It also looks like brownish red and looks like leather sections on the vehicle. Maybee it is the brown table they are displayed on or just me. It also looks like the head should be lowered a bit. Not trying to be mean as I love the customs but something seems off and I would want that same honesty from you.  Do you have a group shot with the other Crimson Scout and the General? I was wondering what the difference is...

Luke, are you talking about the figure itself or the walker?  the red is supposed to be a dirty dark red so if it looks brownish that's pretty much what I was going for.  It is a mix of red and black.  IDK why it looks like leather to you though...  most likely it's because it's more of a semi gloss compared to the black on the vehicle which is high gloss.  painting flat or semi-gloss colors on next to high gloss usually makes the flat/semi-gloss paint look like leather. 

the head may be sitting slightly high on the ball joint but because this is the figure that did not have the removable helmet there wasn't much I could do with it.  I think it might just be the angle of some of the shots I posted here.  Take a look at the figure in the photos with it on the at-rt that I posted in my vehicle thread and let me know if you still think the head is off....  and take a look at the better shots of the walker and let me know what you think.

I'll get some group shots as soon as I finish gen. wier's speeder bike. ;)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1135 on: April 14, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »
The desert scout, or sand scout is a specialized trooper whose training and armor reflect the harsh conditions of worlds who's climates are harsh and unforgiving.  The desert scout has a helmet with modified rebreathers to filter dust and sand, but most troopers wear a cloth scarf over their faceplate for added filtration.  A heavy comms antenae and modified comms equipment allow the trooper to communicate back to base of long expanses without interferance from atmospheric static charges built up during sandstorms.

the custom itself utilizes parts from at least 5 figures.  The upper torso and arms are from a kashyyyk trooper with removable helmet from a comic pack (NOT com. faie).  The head is from the at-at driver (I like that head sculpt best and it doesn't look like the figure has no neck....).  the helmet is from the comic pack figure.  The lower torso, thighs, and knees are from a resolute cobra trooper.  The shins and feet are from a crimson guard trooper.  The bandana/scarf is from the desert viper as well as the spear/staff. 

the antenae is off some random part I had in my fodder box.  I believe it's part of the antenae from a bespin luke pack...

I was planning on doing a speeder bike for this scout but I decided that it made more sense to give him my custom dewback.  The thought behind that is that my "mountain dewback" would be a stronger animal better suited for long distance missions where mechanical vehicles like speeder bikes would break down (that's why sandtroopers use dewbacks to begin with... right?).  So I'll be modifying my dewback further, adding more gear to his saddle and making some more adjustments. 

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sand scout)
« Reply #1136 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:38 AM »
Spudafett,

I really really like the Sand Scout. My favorite has got to be the Color pattern and choice of colors since you said sand planet made me think tantooine and the colors (Perfect blending in to me) Unlike the all white Storm Troopers and Biker Scouts in the Ewok woods. Ya Great blending guys!!!!! NOT. My second favorite is the scarf.  (I need me a few of those scarfs, ANYONE got any extra's for trade/sell PM me!) I really do like this figure.

But enough rambling on the Scout is great and I cant wait to see his decked out Dewback you got coming. What kind of plans you got for the Dewback. Re-paint for a darker brown and a lighter dry brush? What kind of "Gear" are you planning on putting on him.

You know what would be cool (In my opinion) add something Droid or computer-ish to him. Like a huge radio/antenna and some multi colored wires along the harness hooked to a servo or battery (for longer signal reach to base during sand storms or heat scorches)with tracking equipt and scanners and various weapons.

I have some leather pouches you can have if needed that will fit it. Need to be repaintrd though.

Darth Creatine

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #1137 on: April 15, 2010, 03:23:11 AM »
Wow Spud! That Sand Scout is awesome. I love the scarf & the colour scheme rocks! Great job!

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1138 on: April 15, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
Looking good Spud! What a great figure, funny thing is I saved a reference pic a few weeks ago of something similar. I like the parts and love that helmet/scarf combo. Also the paint scheme is great! Simple and effective, just what should be used for a sand scout. Nice work man!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #1139 on: April 15, 2010, 05:55:10 AM »
he looks  wicked devin !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms