Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161363 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: TFU galen mando disguise)
« Reply #1185 on: May 10, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
Looks great Spud! Did you dremel down the inside of the cloak to thin it out/ add to the flexability? How is the range of movement with it on? I like the gloves better but some with articulation would we awesome. Have you seen the lego lever trick? That should be your next SA step. You do some great poses with the figures and I can just imagine articulated wrist on them.

lego lever trick?  have not heard of that one, have a link to a tutorial?

I did trim the ridge off of the cloak so that it'd fit better, the range of movement with the cloak on is severely limited, almost not worth doing the super articulation on....  I've been considering removing the cloak and using a different belt for this figure entirely to allow the new articulation the freedom it deserves.

I did think about adding the clone wars clone trooper's articulated wrists to the figure but didn't have any extras....

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1186 on: May 10, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »
The CW trooper wrist is what I am thinking about. I also have an idea worked out for a pleather cloak, cloaks and belts. You interested in trading some led work for the soft good set up? After you see it of corse.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1187 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:24 AM »
The CW trooper wrist is what I am thinking about. I also have an idea worked out for a pleather cloak, cloaks and belts. You interested in trading some led work for the soft good set up? After you see it of corse.

I'd like to try and figure it out myself first if you don't mind... but I wouldn't mind considering doing something for you LED wise if you can wait a month...  I've still got resin trade orders set up from january to do :(  life and responsibilities suck.... 

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #1188 on: May 11, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »
Spudafett, that is a really superb custom figure, I really love all of the accessories and the paint job is wonderful. I gasped when I saw it!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1189 on: May 11, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »
Spudafett, that is a really superb custom figure, I really love all of the accessories and the paint job is wonderful. I gasped when I saw it!

well... I appreciate that but the only thing I painted was the new lower torso and the gloves.  everything else is stock....  so I can't realy take credit for that, I mean black is the easiest color to paint.... lol

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1190 on: May 11, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »
mando blacksmith

Before mandalorian armor was mass produced for the neo-crusaders mandalore's iron was only worked by the most experienced blacksmiths.  The iron was a dificult medium to work in and the mandalorian blacksmith's were renowned for their craftsmanship.  Most mandalorian's armor was initially worked by a blacksmith by hand before the owner made it their own...

wip shots:

finished:

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: mando blacksmith)
« Reply #1191 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:47 PM »
Holy smokes bro thats one creative mind you got there that fig is truly awsome   love the tatoo!!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #1192 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
Hoover Dam, I'll hire this guy to make beskar'gam for my warriors.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1193 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:15 AM »
Love the tat, Spud!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1194 on: May 12, 2010, 04:41:12 AM »
thanks guys.  This is actually my response to a challenge given to me over on the st6 boards.  One of the members there sent me a fodder bag with enough parts to make 3 complete figures, the problem was that the parts were pretty much random.  I've had this figure in mind for a long time and it just happened that one of the torso's he sent me was a shirtless fig, which is how I wanted the figure...  However I'd have much rather had a larger more muscular set of arms.  I was stuck using the snake eye's arms though, which is one reason it has the shoulder pads (which I think look kind of odd)...

I realy like the concept though and I want to weather the figure and give some more personality to his mask (which is supposed to resemble a welder's mask in how it flips up).   I was thinking about using a red and orange color scheme for his helmet to further reflect the use of fire in his profession....

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #1195 on: May 12, 2010, 07:07:54 AM »
He  would actually look more cool in a leather like vest if you could find one maybe just a thought?

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #1196 on: May 12, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
cool! :D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1197 on: May 12, 2010, 12:09:49 PM »
He  would actually look more cool in a leather like vest if you could find one maybe just a thought?

thats a good idea...  i could then paint the mythosaur skull on the back of the vest...  but he might look too "village people" then...

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #1198 on: May 12, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Y M C A !!!! MANDO STYLE!!!!!

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sand scout)
« Reply #1199 on: May 12, 2010, 04:30:54 PM »
Spuda, I love he new speeder, you also seem to have a knack for creating lucious ladies as well, love the kinky boots best (that souunds sad doesn't it!!!)

that is actually an OLD figure I made a while back especially for the speeder bike gang's garage dio.  interestingly enough the paint-work was done by my g/f (yall remember her twi-lek figure....)
you should of entered yakfaces swoops and speeders contest.