Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161350 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2009, 01:45:30 PM »
so here is my next figure I plan on doing strictly for the e-bayers.

I'm going to try and get a good female body sculpt (not sure what I'll use yet) and then get a shaak ti figure's head and make an ahsoka tano "all growd up" lol

I'm also going to do a super articulated slave leia.  that piss poor potf slave leia is deplorable...  maybe make the metal bikini removable ;) lol

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2009, 03:20:51 PM »
Sex sells - and sexy alien chicks in chains sells WELL!!!  ...apparently, anyway...

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2009, 07:15:58 PM »
clint you were right, already in under 2 days I've gotten 4 bids on that one figure!  It's already up over 30 bucks.   

ok... new plan for e-bay... sexy slave girls.... lots of sexy slave girls... ;D

female customs in general, really, but yeah, sexy slave girls seems to be a winner, :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2009, 05:42:05 AM »
I am telling you Spud, if you do another female like that tatooed gal and put her up, I bet the auction will go nova!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
mon calamari warrior finally finished, going up on e-bay soon.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
Awesome figure. I am really liking that armor you have for him.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:38 PM »
Where is the twi'lek rebel?

Spuda is arming a clan of customizers over there.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2009, 08:41:08 PM »
lol narc I'll get to her in a minute....

untill then this is "dha'von", mandalorian for "dark brother".... 

ok so I used the heavy duty ractive impact armor rise of cobra figure as a base for this with his midsection replaced with a new one... i think it's some viper fig, not sure... anyways heres the finished product:

dha'vod ("dah-vohd") is a skilled marksman specializing in ranged weopons like the sniper blast-rifle.  Especially fond of taking out his targets with maximum efficiency with as little mess as possible.  Skilled at taking the best vantage point and taking out his enemies before he is ever noticed Dha'Vod is a highly sought after assassin on mando'a.

pics:

well... he's a black mando... what else is there to say? 

tell me what you think.

ps... hope I didn't offend anyone, if I did.... well... sorry.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2009, 08:43:37 PM »
this one is not my custom, it's my wife's.  This is her first real attemt at doing a custom mostly on her own.

She's realy proud of this one.  She's been working off and on on it for at least two weeks but probably only put in 10 hours of strait work on it.  Most of that consisted of sculpting with apoxi sculpt, dremel work, trying to find a head that works...  The figure base is a scarlett, 25th aniversary.  We finally decided that making the figure into a twi'lek would be best.  the head is from the twi'lek in the jabba's dancer's box set.
  This started out as Dawn wanting to make a self custom but turned into something with a life of it's own.  She has since decided that she is going to get a "cy girl" 12" figure for her self custom.  as it is more "dollish" than an action figure and she can change it's outfits.....  ::)

anyway, here is her figure:

"star'lett" started life as a slave girl and was freed when her master died in an unfortunate accident...  She became a mercenary for hire during the early days of the empire and soon grew to hate their oppression.  She quickly sought out the rebel alliance and joined in their effort to overthrow the emperor.  Although not a jedi knight star'lett is a force adept.  With some force capabilities she can hold her own in a fight.  Her lightsabre was one aquired by her former master on the black market, a forgotten artifact of the old republic....

nuff talk, pictures:

Oh and in case your wondering the gauntlet is a part that came in an auction I won recently on e-bay.  I believe that it is from VvV scarlet and is the scabbard for her arrows...  the two droid blasters fit neatly into the clips on the side of the scabbard and the light sabre hilt fits into the center... makes for a realy neat accessory. 

please tell us what you think, She is realy anxious to hear what you guys have to say. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2009, 08:45:54 PM »
oh hey tamer, had I mentioned that the trilobites on the sash are actual fossils?  I forgot to mention that this time.  I think I did when I posted the wip pics.  They were dug up out in utah, individually picked out of the matrix, cleaned with a micro-abrasive air blaster using sodium bicarbonate grit, and then painted black to bring out the details...  fun stuff... (heh, you can't tell I'm a geology major can you?)   :P

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
Wow! This is her first custom? That is hard to believe.  That gal is packing some heavy duty weaponry. I love that gauntlet that detaches to the individual weapons.  We saw the one gal have tonfa light sabers and this is an awesome way to wield one too. I am wondering what she would look like with two swinging lightsabers with that same gauntlet affair. Awesome figure at any rate, let alone your wife's first custom. You two are gonna be fighting over the custom parts at your stores! What a lucky guy.

Neat effect with those fossils, sure did make some awesome Calimari armor. And I like dha vod too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »
By the way, tell your wife she is more than welcome to join up! Wow, wouldn't it be great to see all of our wives turn into customizers.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
holy...

she added nipples??!??  AWESOME!

And yeah - damn fine first custom!  And hey - lotta accessories for Cy Girls out there!!  including lingere.....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: July 07, 2009, 02:16:42 AM »
Spud, great job on the Mon calimari warrior. I really like the black you put on him.
That black mando looks cool as hell.
Tell your wife that she did an excellant job on her first custom.
We will get that on the front page after a couple of days when the hype for hasbro q&a dies down.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #149 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »
thanks guys, I'll make sure she see's all yalls comments. 

she's already working on another fig!  lol