Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 163158 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2009, 07:21:59 PM »
doc I'll see what they have left.  Do you have a paypall account?  if so once I grab them for ya you can just wire me payment over that, we can work all that out later.

I surely do!  Heh - it gets more exercise than *I* do...

FANTASTIC work on that droid!!  Wow - we gots father/son teams and now husband/wife teams!!  I make my kids play in their own toy/parts-boxes, tho.  I think I see the jetpack trooper - iirc, it looks like a piece of concept-art you've brought to 3-d.  Looking forward to seeing that guy pulled off.

and OMFG!  that SCARLETT!!!  I *KNEW* those movie Joes were gonna make kick-ass SW figs!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »
doc I pmed you the details.

I usually make my kido's play with their own figs but I feel bad every now and again taking parts and stuff from their boxes for customs... so every now and then I'll give them something out of my boxes.  lol

yeah that scarlet figure worked beautifully didn't it?  I can't wait to show you guys what she looks like finished.  I did swap heads off that scarlett with the old 25th aniversary.  The new figs long hair made her head immobile.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2009, 11:25:39 PM »
heres a couple peeks at to what is on my customizing table at the moment:

a new female mandalorian based on the new rise of cobra scarlett figure:

thanks to clint for the resin casted helmet in the slightly larger size, it fits realy snug but it works. 

this is a figure that I'll wait to explain when I finish him, you guys can scratch your heads over these pics for a few days:

I should have all these finished by tomarrow and up here....

I see high altitude  insertion trooper, or well, if its a custom scoundrel, it'll be "Stealth" high altitude insertion trooper, :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2009, 12:50:42 AM »
narc you went to my deviant art page didn't you?  sneaky bastard.  lol

yeah I like that title... but no stealth this time.  when asked what color I should paint it my wife said: "all your figures are black don't you dare paint this one black too!"  wound up she mixed the paint and did all the detailing of the figure... all I did was put the parts together. 

actually that usually works out the best if I can get her in there to do it because my hands shake so badly she winds up being able to paint the tiny details better than I ever could.  and for somereason she can mix colors from scratch to match exactly the color on something else... I always frack it up.

anyways I've got the figure's paint drying right now so as soon as they are dry I'm going to take some pics... or maybe in the morning... i'm tired and it's late here and I've got to go to work in the morning :( gah I hate mondays...  ok.. ending senseless rambling.........

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »
Actually, I didn't is that sad?  I'm just a long time patron of the ST6 board, and judging by the stuff I see on there, particularly by hawkeye, I knew this was gonna be a special ops clone.

My guess without ST6 influence woudl have been, "airshow clone"

LOL.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2009, 09:23:22 AM »
are you doubting my customizing potential without st6 influence?!? lol your probably right.  I'd have never gotten into customizing as big as I am now had it not been for hawkeye and the guys over there, I saw hawkeyes stuff on deviantart first, started asking him a bunch of questions and he sent me a link to the forums over there and had me join up... my stuff's getting better and better now because of their influence.  Hell I'd probably never gotten into the gi-joe figures had it not been for them... wait I KNOW I wouldn't have gotten into them if it hadn't been for them.

man if I get a break from work I'll upload my photos I took last night.  I wound up staying up till almost 3:00 working on these and taking the final pics!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
finished customs:

all of the above figures were made using the gi-joe 25th aniversary scarlett's body sculpt.  The center figure is the only one which has not had sculpting added to the original sculpt.  The twilek is the only figure with a different head.  The far right figure still has the scarlett's head but with the hair removed.
all of these figures have been posted here before but not in a comparison shot...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
my newest mandalorian:

Mesh'la Kotra, or "beautiful fire"

built on the body of the new rise of cobra scarlett in impact reactive armor, this figure has the 25th aniversary scarlett head and feet.  A resin cast helmet from clonehead (thanks again clint) and a skirt and guns from an animated captain rex.

pics:

bonus points to whomever can figure out where the part for her gauntlet weopon came from! ;)

hope you guys like.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2009, 02:03:56 PM »
Very nice. Awesome name too.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »
this clone trooper's armor is specifically designed to allow him full mobility not only in space but in an atmospheric setting as well.  The armor can also withstand the heat of reentering an atmosphere.  Taking advantage of this the clones will jump a ship into an enemy plannet's orbit for only a moment, long enough for these clones to space jump.  Their ship then jumps away before being detected or engaged.  The clones then maneuver themselves into a freefall decent, enter the atmosphere and set up a ground base.  normally the clones can fly in undetected because of their small size, most planetary defense systems are geared towards large assault ships and not single human bodies.

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME COME UP WITH A NAME!  I had been using "Clone Space and High Atmosphere trooper" or Clone S.H.A.T....  ::)

pics:

before the paint:

figure base is comander cody.  Head is from an unknown clone trooper.  removable gear is from an animated space clone.  the jetpack is from the rots jetpack clone.  Helmet and hoses are from the 25th aniversary gi-joe cobra paraviper.  I think that covers it....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2009, 02:19:27 PM »
S.U.I.T.

Singe Unit Insertion Trooper or something like that.  Nice figure. Looks really tough!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
yeah, a cool acronym, I'm not good at them, but how about

SWIFT

Space warfare/Insertion Flying trooper, :)

swift troopers just sound good.

or go simple, space inerstion kit, maybe spikes?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »
Sweet figs, Spud! That scarlet mando turned out nice. That is a nicely articulated figure by the looks of it.

I love the space insertion trooper. Those ankle wings were a good idea and with the helmet on, this guy just looks cool.
good job!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
hey spud what about ATAC trooper.......Airborne Tactical Assault Clone trooper
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
W9 I like that one too! Good names so far.