Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 163164 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2009, 09:15:34 PM »
I abandoned the female clone as I just couldn't get in the mood to do anything with it.  I came up with this monstrosity with the rex figure instead:

it's a wip as I will repaint the thing but I thought you guys might enjoy seeing it.  I put the removable armor from the space clone onto it because the upper body of the animated clone looked a little puny on the gi-joe's body.  Actually that bottom half is from cobra comander, 25th aniversary.

don't realy know where to go with it from there, I think this fig might get drafted into my Star Wars biker gang....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #196 on: July 16, 2009, 09:56:25 PM »
yeah I know, another ahsoka... blah star wars clone wars bs...

ok try to look at this as a stand alone custom and lets try and put our hatred for lucas' franchising madness aside.

so what will happen to ahsoka tano when all is said and done?  Anakin kills all the padawan's, younglings, and the rest of the jedi are hunted down right? Order 66, yada yada... this is my twisted version of the tale:

As Anakin is teaching Ahsoka she soon learns that he is not a conventional Jedi.  Full of emotions and rash actions much like herself.  She learns from this and follows him as he walks the path to his destiny.  As he becomes farther and farther from the jedi way Ahsoka realized where he is headed.  Her eyes are opened in a great epiphany and she realizes the hipocracy of the jedi order, she sees the disorder and caos of the clone war, she learns the true corruption of the republic and the senate....  all this culminates into her defection from the jedi order and her retreat into a life of secrecy and solotude.  She continues honing her force skills but is no longer a jedi, and yet not fully a sith.  She is somewhere in between.  Still, she is fueled by emotion and, by jedi standards, is an agent of the dark side.....

so "dark" ahsoka...  ok... the truth is that the microsister el figure came with the black miniskirt and I thought it would look better than the crappy soft goods skirt ahsoka's figure comes with.  so I went with the black and based the rest of her costume on it. then I came up with the crazy twisted backstory.

pics:
wips:

Finished:

as you can see from the comparison pics the microsister body was an almost perfect match to the size of ahsoka.  It amazes me how articulated these micro figures takara made are.  I can't believe that hasboro won't do the same with their figs.  Although I can see that the whole choking hazard crap would be an issue as the micro figures parts are constantly popping apart.
One thing I did like is that it came with the extra hand sculpts.  Adds alot more possibilities in poses and such. 

I did sculpt some on the figure.  I didn't like how flat chested the figure was to begin with so I did a little breast enhancement...  The neck ball was way too small and the neck was too short so I chopped off a section of Ahsoka's neck from her original fig and grafted that onto the microsister figure with a pin and some apoxi sculpt.  The neck is a little on the long side now and is realy noticable in the photos... but there wasn't much I could do with it.  I could have cut the neck section I cut out a little shorter I supose.....

well anyway, tell me what you think guys. 

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #197 on: July 16, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »
meh... no chains...

however...scantily-clad alien chicks rock!

Also, I think "swoop ganger" is a great career choice for the gent with the space armor.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #198 on: July 17, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »
boy those Microsister figures sure do have the articulation. I just don't know, besides cost ofcourse, why hasbro won't do this type of super articulation on all thier clones. She looks pretty good with her clothes on!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #199 on: July 17, 2009, 05:37:05 PM »
you should your work's name to "spank bank" customs, :)

But I say, whatever the customers want, give it to them!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2009, 07:32:19 AM »
simon... I am beggining to realy worry about you. 

I'm realy excited about this swoop gang project... I've got several partially completed figs on the table... I'm in a bad need for gi-joe 25th aniversary head sculpts though!  i've got at least 3 figures nearly completed without heads to finish them.

thanks again for the kind words guys!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2009, 02:40:13 PM »
wait, you make your figures, say leia and asoka with removable tops and you wonder about me, :)

LOL

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2009, 09:33:40 PM »
lol... ok good point...   and now I'm just proving it some more.

this is a comissioned piece (my first one!) for the same guy who bought my slave ahsoka.  He wanted a slave leia with removable metal bikini.  I said let's go one step further and maker her super articulated, he said alright and sent me the microlady material force figure to make it with.  Since he supplied the base figure and I didn't have to purchase that all I'm charging him for is the cost of the material I'm going to use to make it and then a very small labor charge.

Basically i've chopped up a POTF slave leia for parts to finish this custom and here is what I've gotten started:

more to come eventually

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2009, 12:01:26 AM »
Damn spiffy!!  I like that.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2009, 01:55:34 PM »
She looks promising!
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
Excuse my ignorance--I'm new here.

Are these micro figure series figures sold in the US?  Or, are these something one has to order overseas?  I've certainly never seen them in the likes of Target or Walmart.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »
they were sold in the us for a very limited time I think.  They are takara brand microman figures.  They are currently discontinued and can only be obtained second hand and usually only from overseas.  The few that I've seen on e-bay have come from collectors in japan. 

well I hit a snag with this one, the potf top that I dremeled out broke into two pieces...  I've got to get another one and try it again.  I've also got to figure out a better way to make the bottom.  I don't like how the material has frayed and I don't like the way the superglue discolored the material... makes it look like she wet herself.   :P

I've also got to repaint the whole figure in a new skin tone that doesn't look so white and pasty...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2009, 05:13:41 AM »
Daggone Spudafett, hate to hear about all those problems. I bet you fix em and make all those areas better.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2009, 02:09:26 PM »
Spuda can do it, :)

If you guys go over to smalljoes.com they have a microman section, but its some of the weirder figures, I recommend catwoman for a baroness custom, that was pretty common fair a couple years ago, :)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #209 on: July 21, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »
you put too much faith in me narc...

check this out:

so I got the new republic fighter tank from chris (toyman) at pedler's mall the other day and let my oldest play with it a while before I took it back from him to customize it...  anyways I gave him the cardboard cutout diorama and this is what he left sitting in the living room floor:

we got a half priced atte today too... man that thing is awesome.  LOUD too...  the speaker in that thing is freaking strong.    Havn't had any problems with the legs of it though, not sure if that issue will come up later...  One thing that I found retarted was the wheels in the feet, they are completely useless on carpet, oh well.  Still an awesome toy.