Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161413 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »
Awsome scores, spud. It's my guess that any atte walkers that are on the shelves will have the corrected version of the legs.
Is that trooper checking that battle droid for prostate cancer? Reminds me of the bad guys in the Road Warrior that would strap human bodies onto there cars.
That gives me an idea.......

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking the ATTE is going to be a much more common vehicle now, :)

he ran down battle droids, lol.

THe turbo tank was at the TRU today, but I had to pass, it looks ridiculous.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »
That bad, huh? It was$100,right?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »
my wife and the kids both want that turbo tank... i think it looks funky.  It's just odd and the "play" features on it are just odd.  I would like the launching barc speeder though... that's kind of cool, like those old vintage rip cord speeder bikes from rotj.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »
another one... I know... this is another based on the new rise of cobra reactive impact armor.  This time it's duke's version.

I don't have a fancy mando name for this guy yet... if yall can come up with one tell me.

ok here ya go, with his buddy dha'vod....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2009, 06:01:33 PM »
They look cool with that armor, Spud. I like them!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48:02 PM »
Yepper, pretty nice together. I could see a squad or an army of these Mando guys taking on a team of Jedis!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
thanks guys, never can go wrong with mando's if you ask me!  clint the black guys helmet is half of one of your resin molds btw, had to chop it in half and extend the back with apoxi sculpt to get it over his odd shaped head though.  The duke figure (the white guy) has a flexable helmet from an old jango fett.  These gi-joe figs have alot larger heads than the star wars ones and even the larger molded helmet you sent me doesn't fit clint... that's alright though!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2009, 07:29:10 PM »
I figured that you would have ran out of those by now, Spud, what with all of the cool mandos that you have done lately.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2009, 07:32:11 PM »
I finally got my fighter tank finished and customized.  this is my first large scale vehicle custom that I'm actually happy with... that race ship kinda sucked... lol.

ok I'm calling this one the ft-ft, forrest terrain fighter tank.  I tried to stick close to the kashyyyk trooper style of cammo.  I also customized two clones to go allong with it.  well here it is:

in progress:

finished:

the two clones pictured above are custom figures which have gi-joe bodies and hips spliced on.  This gives them better articulation and better poseablility.  The kashyyyk trooper is supposed to be the captain of the team and the other clone is the pilot.  As the pilot is completely protected by the tank's armor and sheilding I didn't worry about giving him a full set of armor and left it with just the chest and arms and a custom removable helmet.  All figures as well as the ship have been custom painted (obviously) to try and match the cammo technique used by the clone kashyyyk troopers, I know it's not an exact color match but wasn't supposed to be.

Now once clint's challenge/contest on the speeder bikes is finalized I will submit a challenge for the best custom version of this vehicle.  I am going to be putting together a super articulated clone, similar to the clone pilot that I just showed pictures of above.   With the version I make for the winner of the contest I will make sure that he has a more complete set of armor and looks closer to a traditional clone.  

tell me what you guys think!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »
sweet paint job, Spud!! I really like your figure part swaps as well. I was wondering about those hips.
  It's cool that the figure and vehicle paint apps match.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2009, 10:49:20 PM »
I think it's a good thing I don't have to compete against it!!  Wife, son, and I all give it a thumbs-up!

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2009, 11:29:53 AM »
Nicely done!
I just primed a Comic Pack Commander Faie for a camo paintjob. Let's see how he comes out when finished.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Wow, that is some tank. Daggone I like that paint job on that bad boy. Man those custom clones rock too. Very nice work.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
thanks guys, I am not completely satisfied with how the camo came out but its alright...  The base collor was alot lighter than I wanted it to be but I think it works well especially with the two troopers matching.

well my speeder bikes came in today.  I'm realy happy with the whole lot, totalled to be 4 potf swoop bikes, 2 zepher g's, 2 potf speeder bikes, and 3 new retooled speeder bikes, plus one rolling bark speeder.

my custom swoop bike gang is off to a start, lol... now I've just got to do some riders for them and get them all painted.

I'll probably leave one of the zepher g's uncustomized though, I realy like this one.