Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161356 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
Sweet buddy. I like that Hat trooper the best. Love your team, dude!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Sweet group of clones, definitely digging the b&w camo paint scheme, very nice!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2009, 10:43:44 PM »
These guys look awesome.
Nice paint aps, good fig selection and customization.
Everything looks great...... Except the rainbow brite cable... just my opinion, but its a little too colorful.
Imagine they are out on a "job" aand everything is great.... then they are spotted because of the rainbow coalition cable.
They would fight their way out... no doubt... no problem.... but a quick coat of paint or a wire heat shrink or wrap of tape and you need never have worried about it.
Just conceptualizing....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »
lol I was hoping noone would notice the colorful wire... I know it's kind of bright.  I'll look for a dif. one that I might be able to use or I might paint it.  IDK.  but your definately right, for a recon group it is way too colorful.  lol rainbow bright...   ::)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #349 on: August 31, 2009, 10:27:45 PM »
curious question... do the pictures on the first few pages of my thread show up for you guys?  i'm getting teh evil red x....

ok here are some action fleet customs I did way back... with enamel paints even... shame on me!  ok first up is my "animated debut" slave one!

ok next is my "crimson tie" or "imperial gaurd tie"

hahah... isn't it funny how clean my kitchen table is in those pics...  :P

Hey guys, if your new here and you've tried to look through my thread and some of the pics arn't showing up go check out my deviant art site, I'm going to put up a link in my signature.  everything I post here is on there, and then some.  There might even be some back story info or wip snippets that didn't make it into my explanations on here.  Please check it out, and if your on deviant art let me know by sending me a message!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #350 on: September 01, 2009, 03:52:59 AM »
Cool action fleet customs, spud. That animated slave one turned out killer.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2009, 12:45:17 AM »
Cad bane teaser pics:

more details and pics later.  deviant art isn't cooperating right now and I'm tired... it's past my bed time...

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #352 on: September 02, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
Great work on the URAT!! I'm sure back story wouldn't be to hard for these guys after a few hot cafs and a nerf steak.

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #353 on: September 02, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »
all very cool, man.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #354 on: September 02, 2009, 04:00:39 PM »
Cad bane's knees turned out killer! Good job!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #355 on: September 02, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »
commando droid wip removable clone disguise

basically what I did was took an animated clone and cut him in half and then used the dremel to sand the inside out of the armor.  I then put some extensions on the top and sides so that it would fit around the droid...  it looks realy awkward right now and Idk if I'm even going to try and finish this as it didn't turn out like I wanted it to.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #356 on: September 02, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
ok, more bane pics.

and a little about how I achieved this

Basically I cut the legs of bane at the knee and drilled tiny peg holes.  Then I used an IG-86 assassin droid's hip joints to make the knee joint on bane.  I cut the droid's legs slightly below the joint and then cut bane's calf at about the same length.  I pegged these two pieces together with a needle and glued them secure. 
I also wasn't satisfied with there being no ankles.  I had originally planned to put my own joints into the existing bane's feet.  However they proved entirely too tiny to put anything in there and it look right.  I thought that perhaps a clone trooper's elbow or wrist joint might work... but they were too thick too.  Ultimately I decided on using a gi-joe paraviper's feet.  Then all it took was chopping both of bane's feet off (careful not to cut the jet nacels (sp?)) and drilled peg holes for the new feet.  I only repainted the legs of bane as I needed all the new parts to be uniform.

I also did some adjustments to his rifle. I didn't like the silver paint on it as I thought it should be more gunmetalish and shiney.  I mixed up a new silver that was just slightly darker than normal and gave it a good wash, then repainted the wood accents with brown leather acrylic. 

I'm realy proud of the strap I gave the gun.  It is completely removable so the gun can be returned to it's original state.  I didn't want to super glue the strap on and make it permenant.  This is going to be the way I do gun straps from now on!  The streatchy craft string was white to begin with so I used permenant marker to paint it black (in hindsight i had brown, and as most of bane's outfit is brown leather it might have looked better).  Then I folded loops into each end of the string around the gun and superglued the string back on itself.  This eliminated a gaudy knot and made it to where it could hold secure to the gun as well as streatch enough to be removable.  And of course you can sling the gun over his back so that he can actually carry it, as before he either had to hold it or it was left loose....

ok enough babbling here are the pics:

I forgot to mention that the flame effects on the ankle boosters are from the escape from kamino boba fett (boy).  They are stuck into the nozzles by pins and are removable.  The concept mcquarrie flame thrower effect was thrown on there for fun and is only held on by a tiny clear rubber band saved from a sw package.  I would have liked to make a spot on his gauntlet to put a hole for the flame effect to slip into but there realy is no room.

I realy HATED posing this figure.  This is probably THE hardest figure ever to get to pose right.  Even stock (before my mods) it was hard to pose without something falling off or the figure falling over.  It's very top heavy.  The hat continually gets bumped off and the hands do not want to hold the guns right. 

I realy hate how hasbro packages these figs with the guns in their hands... it always bends and distorts the soft plastic and winds up making them realy f-ed up. 

Also, does anyone else who has this fig have problems with the arms falling out at the elbow?  Mine's right arm kept falling out due to that crappy hose part that is on there pushing up against the elbow joint.  every time I tried puting a gun in his hand the dang arm would fall off....! 

anyways, hope you guys liked this one.  I definately like it a whole lot more now that i've modded it.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #357 on: September 02, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »
Wow, nice work!  I may get one to use parts from to create a legacy-style version.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #358 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
I saw a realy good legacy style one someone else did a while back with completely different parts, jango gauntlets and jango holsters. It looked realy good.  Of course the belt of pouches wasn't realy accurate...  Thanks for the comment though, I think it turned out real nice.

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #359 on: September 03, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »
Wow, good job on the Bane figure! You've successfully fixed Hasbro's crap-ups, which is always great to accomplish. I think if someone had rocket boosters on their feet, they would lock their knees straight instead of bending them, or at least keep the rocket directly below them... certainly doesn't look as cool (your pose is pretty bad ass), but I imagine being pushed up by my feet and having my knees shoved up into my stomach, lol. I think I'd go for a jetpack in that universe  ;)