Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 163113 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Custom Figures
« Reply #480 on: September 25, 2009, 02:13:17 PM »
those kinds of contests are always fun.  Pic one very obscure bareley referenced character and have everyone do their own custom of it.  It'd have to be someone that hasbro doesn't make so that there couldn't be any simple repaints... kit bashing would be a requirement... it'd be fun.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #481 on: September 25, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
Hey, we can do a friendly contest of Etain.
I bet Karen would love it.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #482 on: September 25, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »
We have some contest ideas on the horizon, as they're a lot of fun to do, so don't get too far ahead of us!

Offline XizorsVirago

• Lieutenant
« Reply #483 on: September 25, 2009, 04:41:03 PM »
Holy crap, I LOVE the idea of making customs from a novel then sending them to the author! We definitely need to make that a whole new sub-group of contests! Of course I nominate the RC novels for the first one, since I'm reading them now!  Ooh, a Shadows of the Empire one could be fun! I've always wanted to see a full-arty Dash Rendar done, or I could send in my Guri ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
I'd jump on a shadow of the empire contest.  that'd be great.  I don't know who I'd do... probably a super arty xizor with 3.75" vorago, or a guri... but you've already done such a good guri xv....

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2009, 05:35:38 PM »
Kandosii! i agree with you Commander Kurgan  an RC contest and i too think  Karen would love it, she loves the fans creations

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #486 on: October 05, 2009, 11:24:57 PM »
well guys, here's the first custom made at my new home.

After getting everything settled in finally this weekend I realy hurt too badly to go into school this morning so I took the day off.  Around about 2:00 though I got restless.  So I pulled out an old table from the garage and set up myself a new work table in the middle of my room.  I've got pics I'll throw up in the "show us your workstation thread"

first I finished painting that super articulated gen. grevious:

anyways, So I started super articulating the Imperial Commando from the Evolution Commando's pack.

here he is:

as you can see I also personalized a speeder for him.  More photos of the speeder in my vehicles thread....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #487 on: October 06, 2009, 05:47:23 AM »
I like the editions to that commando. He's looking sharp.
You are the super arty figure master, Spud.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #488 on: October 06, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
Nice! Reeeal nice! I love the matching speeder bike as well. Glad to see that you've got your priorities in the right place....Customs 1st then school!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #489 on: October 06, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
lol you sound like my dad HB... he just finished giving me the whole "you don't need to be playing with toys when you are so far behind at school!" lecture..

bah! that's just crazy talk!!!!

thanks guys.  I'm realy happy with how he turned out.  Although I'm kind of disapointed with the blue/grey armor.  I'd mixed in some silver with the paint I mixed up and as I painted it it had a very nice little sheen to it from the silver, but when it dried it disapeared.... :(

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #490 on: October 06, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »
OK just arrived here from your vehicle thread with a few questions and the pictures here are great. Really sweet how you are adding all these SA pelvis/leg combos. Just a personal preference but I am not sold on the Clone Commander paltron though I think the Sandtrooper one would look nice. Ah a new question, Why does it look like his head is floating above his body in the pics from behind? Is that a piece of wire holding the helmet on? Lastly the visor on his helmet looks wrinkly/not flat like other pics I have seen of that helmet? Nice touch with the pistol on the back, I really like your upgrades.

Very nice Grevious! Is this the one I saw at RS with all the IG 86 droid joints? The poses with that one were unreal!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #491 on: October 06, 2009, 08:33:57 PM »
sprywalker:

In all honesty I'm not sold on the pauldron either.  I'm gonna ditch that, he looks better without it.

the pauldron was what was throwing off the image too.  part of it is painted grey and it blends into the background and makes the head seem as though it's floating, I assure you it's not.  It still has the stock ball jointed neck on there.

IDK why the visor looks wrinkled... I honestly am not sure what you mean.  I can't tell.  The visor over the "goggles" is slightly curved down in the center, but it came like that out of the box. 

I'm currently trying some new weopons combos and upgrades on this fig so stay tuned.

as for the grevious:
no it is not the one on RS, I'm not a member there.  Although that is where I derived the idea and inspiration for the figure.  It uses the same technique of splicing in the IG-86 droid joints although I used a slightly different technique in a few places because I only had one spare IG-droid.  Some of the joints are off of the double arms from the grevious figure.   I never made a super arty version of the 4 arms because I ran out of joints and parts...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2009, 09:50:34 PM »
cad bane concept figure:

I think this might be a project I take on soon...  I like the character and I think I'm going to do a concept version...  Or maybe just do a legacy style version of the final cad bane character...  idk, what do you guys think?

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2009, 10:16:19 PM »
cad bane is like clint eastwood, chuck norris, and some monkey got their dna mixed up.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
 :D  lol.....