Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 163380 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa snow trooper and at-at driver)
« Reply #915 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50:22 AM »
I forgot to mention that the tie fighter pilot's holster is taken from a reactive impact armor scarlet.  I retooled it to fit a stormtrooper blaster.

I also went and repainted the at-at captain's belt and made him a harness out of the craft stretch cord:

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »
EVERYTHING LOOKS AMASSING!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2010, 02:43:38 PM »
Oh yeah, that belt looks good!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »
That pilot turned out great buddy. I really like the red that you incorporated into him. That stretch cord idea was a good one, Looks like the factory piece.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
thanks guys.  I'm super happy with the way these last few figures have been turning out. 

Tamer, if you take a look at this I want to know if you want me to use the stretch cord on your at-at driver fig?  I figure you will so I'll just plan on that...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: at-at driver and tie pilot)
« Reply #920 on: January 27, 2010, 05:34:11 AM »
Spud you have been turning out some amazing work here lately. So did you give up sleeping or what? All of these SA figures you have matched up are awesome! You are a master articulator! Seriously all are very well done. I like the look of them even though they don't match up to Hasbro's SW sculpt style. Do you display all the SA figures together or with your other non SA figures? How do they look mixed in with other figures is what I am trying to say?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »
Spud you have been turning out some amazing work here lately. So did you give up sleeping or what? All of these SA figures you have matched up are awesome! You are a master articulator! Seriously all are very well done. I like the look of them even though they don't match up to Hasbro's SW sculpt style. Do you display all the SA figures together or with your other non SA figures? How do they look mixed in with other figures is what I am trying to say?

I actually only have a few figures that I keep non customized... so usually the only comparisons I have are the few shots of figures that I've bought to do more than one super articulation of and then taken a comparison shot of them side by side.

Since most of my customs are based on the joe figures they look good displayed together, and with the joes.  most of the star wars figures look good next to them as well but the super articulated figures are about a quarter of an inch taller sometimes. 

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
you need to dull that tie fighter pilot down, his jump suit isn't leather, :)

but otherwise, man, these are all very good.

I see I'm the last to get the new atst, lol.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
you need to dull that tie fighter pilot down, his jump suit isn't leather, :)

but otherwise, man, these are all very good.

I see I'm the last to get the new atst, lol.

for the jumpsuit I'm thinking about adding a wash of dark grey to bring out the details of the suit against the shiny armor... what do you tink? would that help?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
Sounds good, Spud. Heck, just drybrush it on and it will probably look fine.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »
Yepper, that stretch cord looks good to me. I can just have both and then switch off from time to time. It sounds to me like the stretch cord will let him pose better and I can use the standard plastic one for regular poses.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
tamer... both the regular harness or the stretch cord I've been gluing on at the torso, so it's not realy removable... however with yours I'll try something new and make both sets removable if you'd like?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:28 PM »
tamer... both the regular harness or the stretch cord I've been gluing on at the torso, so it's not realy removable... however with yours I'll try something new and make both sets removable if you'd like?

Sounds good to me unless you think it will look like heck. If it does use the one that looks better, which is probably the stretch cord from what I can see!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #928 on: January 28, 2010, 12:41:05 AM »
Clonehead sent me a snowtrooper to super articulate and send back to him and as I worked on the figure I took some wip shots of the progression of the fig. 

Here is his figure next to my fixed snowtrooper (thanks for sending that extra snowtrooper for me to use to fix my fig! much appreciated!)

you can also see from that picture the significant height differnce between my customized figure and the stock hasbro snowtrooper... although I believe some of this is an alusion caused by the poor foot stance of the stock figure and it's wide bowlegged posture...

Here is clonehead's trooper refitted with the body and legs of a ROC neo-viper.  I set him next to the old legs so you can see a comparison

same figure, painted to match the original legs and with the knee pads added on

here is a shot of both finished figures next to each other.  The shorter one is cloneheads.  they are different heights because when I made the first one I didn't use the same parts as clonehead's figure. I believe the parts I've chosen for his are actually superior to the parts I picked out for my first one...  but as it was the prototype figure I expected I'd figure out a better set of parts as I wokred on these.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #929 on: January 28, 2010, 12:46:41 AM »
since I had clint's figure finished I thought I'd get a group shot of it with my at-at crew. 
His figure is on the left with my at-at driver, upgraded at-at captain, and my first snowtroopers to the right of him in that order:

well tamer what do you think of the captain now?  I think he looks alot more distinct with the pauldron don't you?  and I don't think I'm ever going to have a steady enough hand to paint as strait and as narrow as clint does....