Author Topic: Spudafett's Figures (last update: sa at-at commander)  (Read 161488 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Spudafett's Figures (last update: contest entry)
« Reply #1050 on: March 06, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
I have a couple complete RCs, some Joes laying around,  and no deadline ;)

I'm going to mess around with the single RC I have and see what I can throw together.  I want it to be a fairly simple custom but I realy hate that there isn't a removable helmet RC out there (if there is Idk about it) and I'd like to eventually fix that too.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1051 on: March 06, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
I have a hollowed out resin rc helmet fitted to a CW rex head that is set aside for a future project.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1052 on: March 06, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »
I have a hollowed out resin rc helmet fitted to a CW rex head that is set aside for a future project.

well I think I'm going to wind up doing the same.

I cracked open the chest of my RC figure tonight and removed his arms and lower half to start test fitting joe torsos to it... this figure is constructed so oddly.  It's got the bare minimum.  IDK why hasbro decided that the figure needed a ball jointed torso but left out ball jointed shoulders.  It makes no sense to me.

I think I'm going to take a page from stitch-fett's book and hollow out all the armor pieces of the RC and try and make a removable set of armor that will fit OVER a combination of GI-joe parts.  What started as a simple project in my mind has turned into a very complicated and risky dremel procedure.  I realy wanted to steer away from dremeling the figure and trying to do it the way stitch fett does his Micro-clones. 
I was hoping to find a way to do this figure the way I've done my other sw/joe splices.  But that doesn't seem to be working.

I do have ONE MORE last ditch set of joe parts to try before I start dremeling away at the RC parts..

good news is that if I do decide to dremel away the insides of the RC parts, I'm going to try and make a mold of them so that I can make a removable chest armor piece out of resin like I have done with the mando armor....

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #1053 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:16 PM »

I've hollowed out the rc helms to fit regular clone heads/death star troopers.
http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=2784.90

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1054 on: March 07, 2010, 08:59:38 PM »
well this is what I got done with the RC.  I wanted to originally limit the custom to a basic joe torso swap.  limited to that thinking this is what I came up with.

obviously the legs don't necessarily fit the accurate description of the RC's...  I havn't done any more to it however because this will probably NOT be the final result of this project.  I like the look of the lower torso I used though (which is from accellorator armor duke).  I feel like this is the closest joe part to looking like the original RC lower armor.  I even think the thighs of the figure MIGHT be able to pass of as the RC's thighs if painted right.

I might still take this figure another rout by dremeling out the inside of the RC armor and placing it over a small gi-joe chest either gluing it in place OR making it removable.  IDK yet. 

Basically I don't like the limited articulation of the arms of the figure as it is now.  Since it uses the original figure's arms.  However, the way the original figure's constructed a set of joe arms, or more properly ball jointed arms of any kind won't fit recessed into the chest like they should and they look awkward.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #1055 on: March 07, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »
Cool! ()rr
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #1056 on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »
very cool dude!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #1057 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
looks very good Spud. I'm sure this is going to be another great custom super arti figure. It is really interesting that the Joe body works so good with all the SW figures.

It could be a SpecOps RC or something like that.

great job so far

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1058 on: March 08, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
looks very good Spud. I'm sure this is going to be another great custom super arti figure. It is really interesting that the Joe body works so good with all the SW figures.

It could be a SpecOps RC or something like that.

great job so far

thanks!  I know... I wish hasbro would catch on because for MOST of their star wars figures the majority of the tooling is there to accept the joe parts... and as you can see FOR THE MOST PART they already have joe parts in their tooling sets that will work for the star wars figures!  The only thing that would need to be retooled would be new legs for the star wars figures that would match the joe style of articulation...   
If they were smart, they would blend the two lines together and make the star wars figures with a similar style of parts so that they can start using multiple parts over again for new figures, kitbashing together new figures, which is what they basically do with the joes ANYWAY.

as for my RC...  I'm thinkning about making him with a slightly different set of arms and he will probably vary slightly from the original armor.... so he may have to be considered a "special ops" commando to explain the difference in the armor style...  but I'm hoping I can get it pretty close.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #1059 on: March 13, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »
ok... new figure in the works (well, actually a couple) but this is the only one I've got pics of at the moment

Iron-mando
or
Heavy Armor Mandalorian

it's just a WIP at the moment... still needs paint.

basically this figure is the comic style war-machine from the Iron Man 2 line of figs with a clone trooper head and a cast resin mando helmet...  the belt is actually the vest of the night adder trimmed up and inverted...  the hands are a random joes and the weopons were in my accessory box...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1060 on: March 14, 2010, 01:48:41 AM »
Freakin sweet, Spud! At first, I thought it was a microman under there.

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #1061 on: March 14, 2010, 04:38:38 AM »
SWEET!!!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1062 on: March 14, 2010, 06:01:25 AM »
Thats how I see Mandos Devin. I think they have a few sets of armor like Iron Man based on the combat environment.  I saw these new Iron Man figs and immediately thought of what you might be able to come up with based on these. I think this is gonna be outstanding.

I would love to see you do a boba one like this with the vintage paint colors like NFC did and a Mythrosaur skull on the armor somewhere.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1063 on: March 14, 2010, 07:03:56 AM »
Freakin Awesome Man! I saw all of these new figures yesterday and thought how cool something like this would be. Way to take the lead spuda and be the first to use this body. I love it! Can't wait to see the final results.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #1064 on: March 14, 2010, 08:18:56 AM »
that looks awesome spud, cant wait to see it with its make-up!