Author Topic: Tamer's Collection (2012)  (Read 23914 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: Tamer's Collection (2011)
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2012, 12:15:44 AM »
What a great man cave....jealousy abounds.

Why thank you. It has taken me  years, and lots of pain and suffering for being a carpentry dolt to get it there.

I wish I had that skill, my dad does, but me. Im more of a destruction person.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Tamer's Collection (2012)
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »
Well it has been an interesting few days, but I did get a couple of hours to finish up my bookcase collection display area today. Wow did it feel good to get some of my stuff out of rubbermaid and out for the world to see. Anyhow, take a look:

I really, really like the glass doors (where my Gentle Giant and AF/MM Items are located) and am thinking of doing the whole thing with these knobless magnetic closures. The maximum weight allowance for the hinges I am using is 28 lbs. so I think I will be good. I have one more display cabinet(s) I plan on making next year and my cave will be done. As always I play the game of balancing my space with the monies for the items I like. I have to admit that my custom items I have convinced some of you fine folks to part with are the favorite parts of my collection. I also plan on doing a video of the entire room soon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:50:03 PM by Tamer »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
Shawn that looks awesome! The 12 inch carded vintage figures look awesome, then there is Ron Hembles art that is, as should be, the center of the collection. That is cool that the speeder fit in the small section at the top! The Falcon looks great and I love that you included the action fleet vehicles.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2012, 08:14:38 PM »
That is cool that the speeder fit in the small section at the top!

Like I said, my custom items are the most important. Gotta put the good stuff behind glass!

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »
Great collection!!! I know what you mean about getting the goodies out of storage and seeing their glory!!!

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »
That looks epic! I wish I had something like that.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »
that looks really nice.. I hope that when I remodel the house I can squeeze something close to that in the design...  :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
Great collection!!! I know what you mean about getting the goodies out of storage and seeing their glory!!!

Thank you it did feel good to let them see the light of day again. I hope to be able to add one more display case next year.

That looks epic! I wish I had something like that.

One day you just might. I wish I had put more forethought into my initial house plans to allow for a bit more of me in it. Now, I am feeling pretty good about. I pretty much let my wife design the inside while I took care of the outside area, but with what was a totally unfinished basement I prety much had carte blanche to do what I wanted. Thanks for your comments.

that looks really nice.. I hope that when I remodel the house I can squeeze something close to that in the design...  :)

I highly recommend it. I was showing it off to my brother today and while his big win was my HDTV, he did comment that for a nerd I was a daggone cool one which is the most positive comment I have ever gotten out of him in regards to my SW Collecting. I think your display area is about as important as the items you have to display. Thanks for your comments as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 03:51:32 PM by Tamer »

Offline YakFace

• Commander
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »
Really nice setup you got! Looks really clean and crisp which is hard to do when putting such a varied collection together, I would love to check out all the cool stuff on those shelves!! Nice job.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2012, 01:58:11 PM »
Looking sharp, Shawn, nice and tidy! Are there any real vintage items there, like that boxed Taun Taun for instance? It's hard to tell nowadays, with Hasbro abusing the 'vintage' tag :p

Your work inspired me to get in gear and pick up where I left off back in '08. I've finally moved all of my CDs (about 500 of 'em) to the attic, after ripping them to my hard drive. Now I have plenty of room in my Billy cases to really sort things out. I've got quite a collection of loose Kenner figures, which I'd really like to give a place they deserve, along with their modern counterparts :)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »
I can't even explain how jealous I am!  That's a nice collection you have there, but an even more awesome way of showcasing your loot.  I had *almost* forgotten the Hemble AT-AT 12 inch fig until I saw it front an center there----looks terrific!

One day, maybe I'll have something like this... :'(

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »
Very nicely done, buddy. I love seeing that action fleet collection in all it's glory.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:53 PM »
WOW, what a truly impressive room and collection!! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »
Really nice setup you got! Looks really clean and crisp which is hard to do when putting such a varied collection together, I would love to check out all the cool stuff on those shelves!! Nice job.

Thank you. Yeah, it is hard to sort out what to show and not show so it doesn't look too busy but still makes me want to go see whats in there. So far I still can't go by it and not take a look here and there.

Looking sharp, Shawn, nice and tidy! Are there any real vintage items there, like that boxed Taun Taun for instance?

Thanks Remco, and yes there are a few real vintage items coupled with modern versions. I love the sound of you putting the vintage figures beside their modern comparisons. I would love to see pics of your collection too.

One day, maybe I'll have something like this... :'(

Thanks JM, I am always in the proverbial battle for space versus rubbermaid. I think guys like us have to have a space of some sort for us to showcase our goodies. I could, at the very least, seeing you make a custom figure display along these lines.

Very nicely done, buddy. I love seeing that action fleet collection in all it's glory.

Thanks Clint. I love those little ships and so wish they would resurrect that line. Titaniums just don't cut it when compared to AF in my opinion. I would love to see whats going on in your collection room too. Last time I recall, you had a nice mix of LOTR and SW in there. How does the wife to be feel about your displaying your SW Stuff by the way?

WOW, what a truly impressive room and collection!! :)

Thank you. I call it Backwoods Boy meets Star Wars. I would like to see your collection as well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
She seems cool with it to a certain degree. I asked her if I could display a life sized darth maul in the living room were i to make one and she said "sure"
The one good thing about the titanium vehicles is that they dont take alot of display room. I probably have 50 of those on two shelves in pretty cases in my living room.