Author Topic: PackRatStudios - pg 17 Neca Style Casey Jones TMNT  (Read 73595 times)

Offline Mandalore_1992

• Colonel
  • Mandalore's Customization
Re: PackRatStudios - pg 13 Marvel Legends Western DeadPool "DJEADPOOL"
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
woooooooooooow looks amanzing great work

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
Re: PackRatStudios - pg 13 Marvel Legends Western DeadPool "DJEADPOOL"
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2013, 09:04:24 AM »
RED HOOD – a - rama

First up, Classic Red Hood:
I got commissioned to redo the Red Hood figure I did in 2011.  Here is the figure I did in 2011:

And Here is the Commission figure I just finished for the customer:

Classic Red Hood

Base figure is a DC Universe Mr Terrific.  Head is sculpt by me (this time I cast it!), Pant legs Sculpt, Gloves come from a Jonah Hex Quinten figure, boot tread added to the feet as well. 

Next, Movie Concept Red Hood:

While doing this figure/ and waiting for epoxy to dry and paint to dry I worked on another Red Hood, but a Movie Concept Red Hood this time.  For this figure I started with a DC Universe Superboy, Added a Batman Dark Knight torso, Belt from a DC Direct Long Halloween Batman with Plasticard Belt Buckle, Gloves from DC U. Jonah Hex, Boots from the Batman Dark Knight figure, straps added for glove and boot details, the straps kind of have a Kevlar texture.  Holsters are from my fodder bin, and they are attached the the thighs of the figure.  I sculpted the belts going up the the waist, so that the holsters don’t hinder any of the figures articulation. 

His Head is obviously from Iron Man.  I shaved it down, cut the front off and re-sculpting, and then I scribed in the Red Hoods iconic mask lines.  I wanted to keep the eyes and the ear sections of the iron man head inplace, because I think they add to the “Movie” concept genre’ I was aiming for! 

The Sleeve cuffs come from a Mcfarlane Terminator figure, sculpt to blend them in.   The SuperBoy figure has these elastic cuffs and I hated em, so that needed to be fixed! 

Now on to the extras:

Red Hood comes with a plethora of accessories including a Bike with mounted Chain fed miniguns!  Huzz!

(2) holsterable pistols
(2) sub-machine guns
(2) night stick /tazer combos

The Bike is a 1:12 scale dicast piece, had decals and the words Ninja on the back.  I took those off with some nail polish and gave it a black wash over spray to dirty it up a little bit (it was so clean looking)  Mini guns are mounted via screws into the side panel/fender of the bike.  The mini guns come from Iron Man 2 WarMachine.

Movie Concept Red Hood is UP on the AUCTION BLOCK: Ebay:http://www.ebay.com/sch/packratstudios/m.html?item=121051919681&ViewItem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

For more info on PackRatStudios, OR to contact me for a Commission check out my FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pack-Rat-Studios/210025619031803?ref=hl

Or my Blog:
http://packratstudios.blogspot.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
When you tackle a project you are all in. I like it a good bit. Expect to see it on the front page tomorrow.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Well stated Shawn and I couldn't agree more! All of your work has such a professional look to it. Awesome character and execution, Love it!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I am not sure if I front paged this or not, but I wanted to make sure this update was listed. Wow.

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
These Red Hoods are awesome!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Sweet custom. I wish they WOULD film a Red Hood movie.

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
1:18th Han Solo in Carbonite Diorama:

This Dio features two display options, Han Solo’s Carbonite on display or The Carbonite block thawing.  The Thawing Block is mounted to the back wall, and the other can sit right on top of it!

The dio was built from a plywood base and a plywood backer wall.   I built it up with Pink Foam, and coated it in Plaster.  To give the plaster some protection, I covered it in white glue (thanks Tankster!).  Once the White Glue hardened I spray painted it bright yellow, then went about adding shading using an airbrush, I did various washes and clear coats throughout as well.  Lastly I hit it wish some drybrushing. 

The Dio features 2 LEDS in the base that light up through the grates on the floor below Han, and there is 1 LED behind the mounted Clear Red “Thawing” Carbonite block.  See a vid of that LED in action here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=568273573207004

Kyle Katarn – the Vintage Collection:

I wanted to update Kyle a little bit more, so he looks like he came right out of the Vintage Collection.  I gave him more articulation in his legs (using a bespin Luke) and articulated ankles (random Boots)

Both are UP on the AUCTION BLOCK:
Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/packratstudios/m.html?item=121091989489&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

For more info on PackRatStudios, OR to contact me for a Commission check out my FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pack-Rat-Studios/210025619031803?ref=hl

Or my Blog:
http://packratstudios.blogspot.com/

Offline The Willoughbian

• Lieutenant
Very cool stuff.

Offline Sector_15

• Lieutenant
I love that Han Solo in carbonite dio soooo much.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
I think if you were to put a Boba Fett with his blaster rifle in there I might just pass out. So cool. Thank you for sharing this with us. Of course I put this on our front page!

Offline PackRatStudios

• Ensign
I think if you were to put a Boba Fett with his blaster rifle in there I might just pass out. So cool. Thank you for sharing this with us. Of course I put this on our front page!

There's a pic of the Fett in there!!  right above the one with Amanamanamanamanaman ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral

There's a pic of the Fett in there!!  right above the one with Amanamanamanamanaman ;)

Hey, I didn't get to see half of those pictures this morning! I am not sure what is up with my computer lately. Wow, that is for the win. Feeling kinda faint now.

The light effects on this are over the top too. Wow, so glad this is ROTJ or I would be doomed.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:43:26 PM by Tamer »

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
Well I think I already went on a like fest on your facebook page but you've just got quality custom after quality custom. I loved that western style deadpool. The carbonite dio is really cool too. Looks like you like the crysis frame for your customs looked like you used that on a few. Anyways cool stuff and keep it coming!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Oh yes! More amazing offerings from Pack Rat Studios! The Carbonite dio is so cool! Someone will be lucky to own that. The Kyle Vatarn looks perfect. As you said how he should look on a Vintage card.