Author Topic: Korriban Customs by darksider 80: Update 3/25/14  (Read 32808 times)

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
Re: Korriban Customs by darksider 80
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »
Love your customs! 

If I may offer a point of advice on the magnets...I use them quite a bit also and used to get them from Radio Shack too.  But, then I found a place online to buy them in bulk and cheaper than the four or six you get at the Shack.  They are the rare earth type and work really well.  They are also available in a variety of sizes.

Here is the link to the site I use: http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/?gclid=CNCAltuV7rMCFSemPAodQhIAFg
Thanks for the link! BTW, if you use magnets all the time maybe you can shed some light on the superglue issue. this was my first time using them and they did not seem to be glue-able. This is a problem if I wanted to use them to attach arms or weapons or anything else I don't want apoxie sculpt all over. Thanx for looking!

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
Here's some new Mercenary Joes for the team!

Casie "Honey Badger" Colt

Well here she is, all done and painted and weaponized! She was totally a lot of fun to make and the magnets connecting her torso turned out to be a boon when it comes to posing and gearing up. No more fighting the figure when it comes to putting a single weapon in two hands, like the rocket launcher here. Just pull her upper torso off, get the arms to hold the weapon and snap her back together. easy as pie! The only thing here that I'm not totally satisfied with is the photo. I'm no expert, so I couldn't get the lighting to pick up on the subtle shading details I was able to achieve, especially on the skin tone areas.

Benny "Good Wife" Wilson

Good Wife earned his call sign by cooking meals for the Mercenary Joe team during the holidays out in the field. The team never had a freeze dried turkey that turned out so tender as the one Good Wife whipped up for them his first year on the team! He still hates that name to this day.

"Nameless" Joe Jackson

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Berserker Wolverine

This is my first Marvel custom, and boy I'm totally stoked on how he turned out! This version of wolverine was made from a stock "Superhero Showdown Wolverine" by toy biz. I couldn't pass this guy up, the facial expression and sculpt is just out of this world. It's hard to believe they packed that much detail into a 3 3/4 inch figure! Whaddya know, my first Marvel custom, and my first non-Hasbro custom all at once! No kit-bashing here, just a repaint and custom metal claws made from silver bobby pins ala Jin Saotome. I know the claws are a bit long in proportion to his arms, but I kinda like em that way. Gives him a more "comic-bookish" look (at least I think so).

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2012, 05:11:10 AM »
Awesome work! 

The new Joes look great: Honey Badger turned out nicely as did "Nameless" Joe and "Good Wife".  Great names, by the way!

Wolverine Beserker looks way more menacing than the original figure; you really know how to breathe some life into a custom figure.

Impressive work all-around!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2012, 06:34:11 AM »
Wow! These joes are GREAT! But that Wolverine is just AMAZING!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2012, 07:58:52 AM »
Wow, great update on every character. I used the Joes on the front page, but I liked that Wolverine a good bit too.

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
Re: Korriban Customs by darksider 80 General Rahm Kota and Darth Zannah
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
General Rahm Kota

I've always wanted to do a custom of General Kota, but his hasbro figure usually goes for big bucks on ebay and I don't really think it's all that great anyway. So, if I'm gonna spend a ton on a Rahm Kota figure anyway, I might as well make him how I like him, right? Fashioned from GI Joe parts found in the old fodder bin, I purchased the Rahm Kota head cast from Sith Happens on ebay and got to work. I'm totally stoked on how he came out, especially his height. this figure is HUGE at over 4 inches, thanks to the Captain Britain lower legs and how high the head sits on the neck. He's a general, he should be tall! Feel free to ask questions and leave feedback. I love hearing from everyone!

Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah has always been a favorite of mine, I just love the Bane series! Anyways, this little hottie is gonna be in the mail soon, headed to Darth Daddy's house, hopefully on time to be under his tree Christmas morning!  ;D

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:19 PM »
Oooh...I love how well both of these turned out!

DD's gonna love Zannah: literally she's smoking hot, no doubt about it.

I like the parts choices you used for Kota: definitely a more medieval feel with the leather strap, the Joe armor and the saber 'sling' on his back.  The Hasbro fig really never came close to working for me either (and I've had an incomplet version of him waiting to be finalized on my workbench for many weeks).  Glad to see an awesome rendition of this character (me being a fan of all things TFU)!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 11:43:52 PM »
super cool figures, well done!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2012, 05:45:18 AM »
Wonderful work, my comments are on the front page.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:39 AM »
Darksider80 would you mind giving us a run down all the parts you used? I can pick out a few parts but just need little help on the others. You can answer in the forum or via IM whichever you prefer.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:44 AM »
Everything on page 8 is FTW!! Wolverine is out of this world.

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »
Hot figures man!! Awesome take on Kota, he looks mean..

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2012, 05:00:50 PM »
Nice job!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2012, 05:06:08 PM »
Excellent work on General Kota! Way better looking than the hasbro figure. Great parts choices and your painting skills really seal the deal.

Darth Zannah, WOW! Best version of her I have ever seen.