Author Topic: Korriban Customs by darksider 80: Update 3/25/14  (Read 32812 times)

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
Re: Korriban Customs by darksider 80
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
These Sith are so AWESOME! I love these guys! Darth Vaccus looks just menacingly EPIC!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »
excellent figures!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2012, 06:18:16 AM »
Awesome update. I really like Vaccus. Time to get this and a shout out to your site on our front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
wow that is a fantastic Darth Vaccus.  i really like the story of Darth Corbus and Darth Rue.  An outstanding update

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
These Sith are super cool!  Love the backstories also!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
This mercs are a real masterpiece!

By the way, where is the girl's bike from? The bike's visual scale matches perfectly with Hasbro figures!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2012, 07:38:32 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. And, if you will allow me to share (via my faith and worldview) this is one of the most special times of the year, at least to me. I am truly thankful to God above for His grace, mercy and salvation. He has richly blessed my life. I have the blessing of an amazing wife, beautiful children, and a loving family.  I am also thankful that I live in this great nation. I hope you have a chance to take a moment today and look at your life and reflect on how fortunate you are. I also want to make a statement to the ISYs in general that even though we don't all know each other personally and face-to-face, I am thankful that in our hobby we have a common place to share our creations with one another. Happy Thanksgiving enjoy some turkey!!!

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
This mercs are a real masterpiece!

By the way, where is the girl's bike from? The bike's visual scale matches perfectly with Hasbro figures!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you like them! The bike came with a Captain America vehicle. I don't remember what it's called but I found it at Marshalls for 16 bucks. It's the six wheeled tank looking thing and the bike was pretty much the best thing to come out of the box.

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »
Casie "Honey Badger" Colt: Mercenary Joe Soldier WORK IN PROGRESS

This is a new work in progress female GI Joe figure. The head is a casting of a Joe fig I believe, or it may be an original sculpt (I'm really not sure). Anyways, I bought it on ebay, along with the custom original sculpt female torso. Both came from the Angel Forge. Check them out, they have really cool custom action figure parts.

The photo below shows how I ended up attaching the lower and upper torso parts. This custom cast torso required a ton of dremeling and sanding to get a good seamless fit, and to hold the arms in place as well. By the time I had everything test fit and smoothed out, the torso peg didn't want to go in. Sithfire30, a brilliant sculptor and figure designer had mentioned that he uses magnets to hold pieces together instead of pegs, because pegs end up wearing out and magnets give a strong hold that still allows for full articulation. I think I may be a total convert from here on out.

Check back soon to see her all painted up, geared up, and ready to bring the fight!

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2012, 06:30:08 PM »
Looking very good!  I've been entertaining the thought of using the magnets idea after reading about it on SithFire's FB page awhile back, but haven't gone that route after reading about the cost of the magnets he used.

What kind of magnets did you end up using?  And what was the cost (if you don't mind me asking)?

Great work here; looking forward to seeing her progress...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
I can't wait to see another superb GI Joe custom!

Offline Darksider80

• Lieutenant
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2012, 08:41:48 PM »
Looking very good!  I've been entertaining the thought of using the magnets idea after reading about it on SithFire's FB page awhile back, but haven't gone that route after reading about the cost of the magnets he used.

What kind of magnets did you end up using?  And what was the cost (if you don't mind me asking)?

Great work here; looking forward to seeing her progress...

Thanks man. The magnets are called rare earth magnets and you can get them at radio shack in their parts drawers. I got the smallest ones they had and it was like three bucks for a set of two magnets (kinda expensive, but worth it). I used apoxie sculpt to hold 'em in place because for some reason they don't seem superglue-able. Hope this helps you out!

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2012, 04:09:25 AM »
very cool mods with the magnets I miht have to try this on a custom

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »
Looking SWEET!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
Love your customs! 

If I may offer a point of advice on the magnets...I use them quite a bit also and used to get them from Radio Shack too.  But, then I found a place online to buy them in bulk and cheaper than the four or six you get at the Shack.  They are the rare earth type and work really well.  They are also available in a variety of sizes.

Here is the link to the site I use: http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/?gclid=CNCAltuV7rMCFSemPAodQhIAFg