Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 228142 times)

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1365 on: August 07, 2024, 08:05:21 AM »
Great job bro! Love the back story... kind of sad.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1366 on: August 07, 2024, 10:21:22 PM »
Great job bro! Love the back story... kind of sad.

Thanks! I think he would be a fun main character for a photo-novel (but I don't have time to do one).

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1367 on: September 06, 2024, 10:48:02 PM »
Arcannalo - A Dresselian Rebel guerilla. Arcannalo was arrested as a teen for allegedly participating in a violent mugging and locked away. During the Imperial occupation, he was given an opportunity to earn his freedom fighting the Empire. He was eventually recruited into the Rebel army. At the end of the galactic conflict, Arcannalo had no desire to return to his home planet, unlike other members of his isolationist species. Instead, he asked to become a New Republic marshal, with the freedom to travel a large swath of the Outer Rim exploring and bringing justice to out-of-the-way places. He is particularly known for his focus on due process...

Recipe:
Head = POTF Orrimaarko
Body = DC Comics Batman
Cybernetics on eye = parts from one of the guns in the Batman figure

I think I will probably paint the belt and the shoulder cannisters and bands.

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #1368 on: September 07, 2024, 09:20:30 AM »
Nice one Starchaser. Since he was a Marshal do you think he knew Cara Dune? That would be a nice little side story.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1369 on: September 07, 2024, 10:14:35 AM »
Thanks, DS...He and Cara could have crossed paths, but the Alliance was often decentralized, so I don't see them as being in close contact with any regularity.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1370 on: September 17, 2024, 05:49:11 PM »
Two for tonight:

Bafisi – a Shifala (Legends species) a member of the gray-haired mountain Shifala, Bafisi grew up in the caves of the northern mountain ranges of Carreras Major. He loved the light and longed for open spaces. When he was old enough to set out on his own, he headed for the capital city of Carreras Major, but quickly found the crowded city and prejudice against his “backward” sub-species intolerable. A quick study, Bafisi found his mountaineering skills made him as “at home” on a docking rig or the hull of a star cruiser as the cliffs of his home and he found work as a mechanic’s assistant at port. It wasn’t long before an opportunity to join a ship’s crew presented itself and Bafisi left Carreras major for the stars. He has settled in as crew on an geology expeditionary ship in a dual role doing mechanical work and mountaineering as needed.

Recipe:
Head/Arms = Animal Warriors of the Kingdom Pale
Body - TVC Lando

Nalitra Arkanree – Growing up in the slums of a sprawling city on Mirial, Nalitra always found the stars to be a source of comfort. Her love of the stars translated into a desire to fly starships, and it became something of an obsession for her through her teens. Finding every way possible to learn, she became a proficient pilot and left the crowded city for the peace and quiet of the stars as a helm’s assistant on board a heavy freighter. Traveling the star-lanes was a dream come true and eventually Nalitra was inherited a ship from an old pilot she served under. Now she maps star systems and travel routes for a cartography corporation.

Recipe:
Head = X-Wing pilot troop builder Mirialan
Torso/Arms = JoyToy Awakening LuoNing
Belt = Animal Warriors of the Kingdom
Legs/Hands = TVC Luminara Unduli

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #1371 on: September 18, 2024, 11:46:36 AM »
Looking good Starchaser! Man you pump these out like a factory. I'd love to see a collective shot of only your customs grouped together. I'll bet it's massive.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1372 on: September 18, 2024, 01:15:58 PM »
I agree with DarthSinister, a group shot would be epic! Two new and interesting characters. You know much more about the 3.75" inch universe than I do. So many companies and figures I never heard of...
Nalitra Arkanree must be one of my top 10 favorite customs of yours! I just love how she turned out with the parts fitting perfectly. What a perfect kit-bash she is and her jacket/torso looks phenomenal!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1373 on: September 18, 2024, 05:42:52 PM »
Looking good Starchaser! Man you pump these out like a factory. I'd love to see a collective shot of only your customs grouped together. I'll bet it's massive.

Thanks! Okay, so I did a quick count because you've commented on it twice. I have about 230 original customs with backstories (I had no idea there were that many!). If we include customs of Legends and canon figures (Odan-Urr, Empatajayos Brand, Plo Koon's master Tyvokka, a super-articulated Sarco Plank) and some customs built on the recipes of other brilliant customizers (and not posted anywhere), I think I'm sitting around 250. I'm sure I'm still way behind the photonovel folks like CHEWIE and the hard-core customizers like DarthDaddy and Elias, and Utah Don, but I had no idea there were actually that many. :P

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1374 on: September 18, 2024, 05:48:31 PM »
I agree with DarthSinister, a group shot would be epic! Two new and interesting characters. You know much more about the 3.75" inch universe than I do. So many companies and figures I never heard of...
Nalitra Arkanree must be one of my top 10 favorite customs of yours! I just love how she turned out with the parts fitting perfectly. What a perfect kit-bash she is and her jacket/torso looks phenomenal!

Thanks, Philipp. I was really happy with how she turned out, as well. I wanted a different torso, and was chuffed when the head and legs from Hasbro Star Wars fit so easily with the JoyToys figure.  As to 3.75" figures, I would bet that Dan (Spectre) and others know more than I, but I think its a product of wanting to expand the playability of the Star Wars universe from when the first figures came out. I remember using 3.75" G.I. Joe figures as Rebel forest troopers before ROTJ was released. I remember using Micronauts as characters, too. So over the years, I've paid attention to 1/18 scale figures. In fact, the only reason I ever got a Facebook account was to follow independent toys designers like Boss Fight Studios, Chicken Fried Dime Store Legends, and the first round of Animal Warriors of the Kingdom (Jason has switched to 6" so I don't follow AWOK any more).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 05:50:35 PM by Starchaser »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #1375 on: Yesterday at 07:52:28 AM »

Thanks! Okay, so I did a quick count because you've commented on it twice. I have about 230 original customs with backstories (I had no idea there were that many!). If we include customs of Legends and canon figures (Odan-Urr, Empatajayos Brand, Plo Koon's master Tyvokka, a super-articulated Sarco Plank) and some customs built on the recipes of other brilliant customizers (and not posted anywhere), I think I'm sitting around 250. I'm sure I'm still way behind the photonovel folks like CHEWIE and the hard-core customizers like DarthDaddy and Elias, and Utah Don, but I had no idea there were actually that many. :P

Ole' CHEWIE has been hitting me up on eBay quite a bit. Really happy to be able to offer people something they actually want and need to complete their art work. 250 huh. You'd need some serious space and a wide angle lens.

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
    • Darth Revenge on FB
« Reply #1376 on: Yesterday at 08:12:01 AM »
Once again, awesome job !
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!